chickenpox, please help.

Louise

Proud mum to baby Nick
Reaction score
I cam einto contact with a friend today who has chickenpox. I thought I'd had them as a child, infact I was almost certain until I asked my father and he said he wasnt sure if it was measles or chickenpox.
I called the midwife who in turn called the hospital lab to do an urgent screening on the blood they already have, just to check my immunity.
Im worried that I may not be immune to the virus. If not, what will happen to me? and if I catch it, what about my baby?
Anyone been in my situation before.??

Didn't want to read and run. I was in similar situation with dd no 1 had bloods pulled urgently but fortunately i was immune (my mum couldn't remember either). I would have thought you would be more likely to have had chicken pox, cos due to age i would havve thought you would have beeh vaccinated against measles. Try not to worry, (easier said than done) as to effects i'm sorry hun i don't know.:hugs: I think it is only a problem if your 12 weeks or less, or in last 4-8 weeks of prenancy.

my sisters Lo had chicken pox when she was pregnant a few years back, they gave her a very strong anti biotic and was admitted to hospital to have some fluids througha drip and just be moniterd on an overnight stay as she never had chicken pox. she had a healthy pregnancy and was totaly fine just a little more sick than normal though with the anti biotics

hope your ok chick
xxxx

I am sorry babe, I don't know about if you contract it... but I hope everything is OK babe :hugs: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->