Child drowning prevention

sammie18

Mommy to Allison
Reaction score
I found this , its really awsome but its really scary to! What do you guys think about it?

https://www.childdrowningprevention.com/index.html

omg thats brilliant if i had the first idea were to go to thn id so have archie learn x

OMG! Thats Brilliant! We dont have a pool or anything, but if we did have something that could be an accident waitig to happen, I would def do it!

Thats amazing!!!!!! Awww i felt like crying waiting for someone to get that baby :cry:

wow that was scary indeed but so brilliant , I will be taking max to courses this summer to teach him ..but then again both me and DH are professional swimmers taught at a very young age I was 4 months and DH was 6 months ..we plan to do the same for max

I emailed one of the instructors. They are about 2hours from me though :( :( :(
My parents are getting a pool this summer, OH was talking about getting a pool, and we go out on the boat ALOT during the summer so I asked how much it costs/time it takes a week/session lengths. Hopefully she will email me back soon.

I wonder if they have this in the UK???? think i'll do some research

I think swimming lessons are great for babies/kids, BUT to be honest, my thoughts are : Why would the toddler be unsupervised? I am sorry, but there is no reason for the kid to be around water without an adult in the first place. I guess I can't get the first impression of the video out of my mind... but overall, yes, it is a good idea.

thats amazing , this made me :cry:as the baby was crying out for someone to help . violet xx

I think swimming lessons are great for babies/kids, BUT to be honest, my thoughts are : Why would the toddler be unsupervised? I am sorry, but there is no reason for the kid to be around water without an adult in the first place. I guess I can't get the first impression of the video out of my mind... but overall, yes, it is a good idea.

There were some testimonials where the adults were right there. Plus, it says after 1 year old, they begin learning to swim.. it teaches them to look for the edge of the pool and swim to it under the water!
One of the testimonials that pops in my head said there was a 4yr old and 2yr old cousins sitting by the pool (2yr old in classes) she said her husband was in the middle of the pool and other adults sitting by the pool. The 4yr old decided to push the 2yr old in the pool, and it said he had already flipped over to floating before they even got to him.. said he was calm and wanted back near the pool as if nothing had happened. :happydance:

It seems like a great way to build confidence by the water too!!!!

There are some similar things in the UK - I used to to teach swimming to all age groups, including babies as young as 2 months, and one of the things we would first try to teach was flipping over to float on their backs.
It's amazing really - but the earlier you start to teach them, the easier they pick things up & the more confident they are about it. I plan on taking Olivia & teaching her myself once she gets to 6 weeks old.

I don't know about anyone else, but that brought tears to my eyes, even though its a good message just seeing him walk to the pool and then fall in was just too much... Its brilliant -still scary though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->