Child in University expirences

B

babycraze19

Hi, I'm quite new here and I am wondering if there is anyone who has had a child through University? if so, did you continue and how was your expirence? I've been talking to some of my friends and they say it was hard but do-able. I'm just expecting and really don't know what I should do, and am just looking for some advice. Thanks

Yes,I'm attending university and just had a baby a month ago.
I'm currently in my second year.

I finished my first year in June,6 months pregnant and this year started in September but I am doing it from home.Entirely.
Will be then starting my third year next September full time. :)

Just wondering if your going to be a single mummy, or if u have family to help out? It will be hard if your completely on your own but it is definitely do able and you'll have a better future in the long run. My partner is at uni and he will be the full time care giver but he also has me when Im not at work to help him out and give him time to do his uni work.

I guess I should have included that I am married, to a wonderful man, ha I am in my third year and have two left....So I wouldn't be single and I would have wonderful support around me

Youll be fine then if you have someone to support you. your husband can take care of bubs if you need to get on with some work. Not everyone gets the joys of being a stay at home mum. Good luck but youll manage just fine and it will be better in the long run.

yep
I'm in uni, second year. It's not easy, especially in my course where I work shfts. For instance - this week I am working nights....

I have no intentions of dropping out though :D

I was single and had my daughter in my final year. I took 4 weeks off and then went back to it. I completed my degree with my contemporaries and with a tiny baby sitting in her buggy in the corner of the lecture hall. My lecturers were amazing and when I couldn't make it into uni they would come and see me to deliver work and advice! I then went on to do a three year MA - I started it when she was just over a year. She eventually got a place at the uni nursery and it was all fine. It was hard work but worth it. I did a PGCE a couple of years ago and found it harder to manage with her being older (and I'm no longer on my own) than I did when she was small.

I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. It's great that you've got a supportive partner. Good luck with everything. x

I fell preg in year 2. I could have continued and done my exams which were a month before he was due but the stress of his illness made me put it all on hold. I have just gone back tho, part time instead of full time so i dont have to have childcare and everything seems to be going ok! I am on my own too as daddy is away for 3 months at a time, but it is definately doable!

i am at uni too, 1st year my son is 7months, it is hard especially at the min as JOsh (my son is teething) and wakin up at night. I just find it difficult because i spent all my time with him since April when he was born and now he's in nursery. i do have support though off my partner whos also at uni and family. im hoping i will be able to carry on as i want to provide a better future for my son.
good luck with what ever u decide
x

hi hun!
i am a second year occupational therapy student. i am taking a year out but will return to my studies next september (ali will be going to the uni nursery). i decided to take a year's maternity leave as i had my baby in august and felt it wasn't possible to return in september for my 3rd year - so glad i did as i doubt i would have coped as we do placements and it would have been too tiring as my LO isn't the best sleeper (teething now!!!)!

really looking forward to finishing my degree........

good luck!

Christine
XXXX

I left my PGCE to have Ally. I could've finished it but it was looking like he was going to be early (however in the end they had to force him out!) I've only got 9 weeks left and I'll be doing that over april, may and june next year and my Mum will be having Alasdair. I'm dreading it and know it'll be incredibly hard work but I think if you have the support or even just the determination it's definitely do-able!

I'll be almost finished my degree when I have my LO, and then i'll be going back to get my honours. My OH is a full time student also, and he'll be going back too. Not sure of our timetables or that yet, but its better financially for us both to go back and him to work part timeish than for us both to leave. I hope it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->