Child Maintenance

suzanne108

Reaction score
Quick question....:help:

Does the FOB need to be with me when registering the baby so that his name is on birth cert??

So that I can claim Child Maintenance?

If you aren't married, he needs to be there. In some cases (I imagine things like illness, prison, army) he doesn't have to be there, but it has to be arranged in advance.

Yeah if you aren't married then the FOB needs to be there when you register baby. Me and FOB are engaged but he still has to physically be there when we register James's birth.

Thanks. I'm getting worried that he'll worm his way out of coming to the registering of the birth...then I won't be able to claim anything from him.

Hun he does NOT need to be on the birth certificate to claim anything, He only needs to be there if you want the baby to have his surname as you can't give baby his surname without him unless married.
You can still claim csa without him being on birth cert, you just need to know his name, address & work if possible, d.o.b & things.
If he tried to deny it he has to do dna, Even if his name is on birth cert he can deny & would still have to pay for a dna test to prove.

Ahhhhhhh thank you Dizzy :D

Thats great news. Personally I don't want him there, I want to spend as little time as poss with him (I do realise that I can't avoid this completely!)

And not a chance in hell is the baby getting his surname!

xxx

He can try other things not to pay like my sons did , ie job hopping or just not paying, The csa are not the best at chasing non paying parents so don't hold out mega hopes hun just see any money you get as a bonus.
My son's dad is not on the birth certificate :)

My husband isnt on his son's birth certificate, and despite the fact we have him every weekend and he has always paid his ex cash in hand a 1/4 of his salary every month for 7 yrs because she was "always overdrawn and couldnt get access to the money any other way", it hasnt stopped the CSA from cruxifying his wages as they believe he hasnt paid a penny in support for his son.

I would prefer to come to some sort of agreement rather than have to battle with the CSA. But at the moment I'm struggling to get him to talk about it. I have a little while yet but I'm just trying to be prepared!! Thanks girls xx

He can try other things not to pay like my sons did , ie job hopping or just not paying, The csa are not the best at chasing non paying parents so don't hold out mega hopes hun just see any money you get as a bonus.

Yeah my stepson's mother has just not paid for 3 years, despite the fact that she has had several different jobs. The CSA are just pants :(

My husband isnt on his son's birth certificate, and despite the fact we have him every weekend and he has always paid his ex cash in hand a 1/4 of his salary every month for 7 yrs because she was "always overdrawn and couldnt get access to the money any other way", it hasnt stopped the CSA from cruxifying his wages as they believe he hasnt paid a penny in support for his son.

Thats terrible Gers.....can he not proove somehow he was paying her in cash?? Bloody CSA wasters, should be chasing genuine non payers instead they focus on the good guys, because they get a result. Not fair!!

Thanks. I'm getting worried that he'll worm his way out of coming to the registering of the birth...then I won't be able to claim anything from him.

It dont matter.
Me & OH didnt register amber till 6weeks, CSA had already been in contact and were in progess of sorting out payment, even though they didnt need to :growlmad:

where's as with my situation wouldnt give up, until it was sorted. :growlmad:

Thanks.

I was lying in bed last night and actually realised that I knew the answer to my own question :dohh:

I suddenly remembered that a guy I worked with didn't even know he had a child until a letter from CSA turned up on his doorstep (what a way to find out you're a dad!) and he obviously wasn't there at the registering of the birth.

x x

Thats terrible Gers.....can he not proove somehow he was paying her in cash?? Bloody CSA wasters, should be chasing genuine non payers instead they focus on the good guys, because they get a result. Not fair!!

This will be classed as his own fault for not getting signed receipts off her for each & every payment. She can claim he hasn't paid her anything which means he will still have to pay it, Thing is if he claims he has paid her they send her a letter which she has to sign to say she hasn't recieved anything, which she may of done. As a lesson for future he either needs to get a receipt, signed dated with amount he's paying her for every single payment or he leaves it to csa , he pays them then they pay her . Csa are stupid & need a slap they really do x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->