Child nutrition...........

2nd.Time.Daddy

Reaction score
Who in here actually checks what their kids are eating and how much? etc etc

just a curious question as its been on the news alot recently

Everyone be honest , maybe a good idea to put what you feed them , so others get an idea what to feed theirs.

I put yes , sometimes alana chooses what she wants

last night for dinner she had chicken , carrots , peas , potato , yorkshire pudding followed by 2 chocolate fingers(treat as it was fathers day) and a small yoghurt

and for breakfeast cheerios and half an apple

i dont let her drink fizzy drinks as i dont drink them myself.......she has fruit juice or water

I try my best with both of them, but being honest it sometimes goes out of the window
I am a monster though about checking sugar and salt content on everything

Its harder with Jack at the moment than Emily as he is refusing a lot of fruit and veg so i have to be sneaky and blend it in a pasta sauce

Yesterday he had for main meal Pasta shapes in a tomato based sauce with blended broccoli and sweetcorn and toast soldiers followed by a banana and raisins

This morning I gave him lemon and raisin pancakes which he threw on the floor, tried him with fruit and a fruit bar which he down right refused :(

I try my best with both of them, but being honest it sometimes goes out of the window
I am a monster though about checking sugar and salt content on everything

Its harder with Jack at the moment than Emily as he is refusing a lot of fruit and veg so i have to be sneaky and blend it in a pasta sauce

Yesterday he had for main meal Pasta shapes in a tomato based sauce with blended broccoli and sweetcorn and toast soldiers followed by a banana and raisins

This morning I gave him lemon and raisin pancakes which he threw on the floor, tried him with fruit and a fruit bar which he down right refused :(

try a cereal with chopped banana in or even raisins

alana loves raisins , she will eat them non stop

He is usually pretty good with breakfast
Loves cereal, but thought i would give him the pancakes as thats what Em was having and he usually steals hers LOL
Jack will eat raisins all the time too, i just hate the end result if he has had too many!!

He is usually pretty good with breakfast
Loves cereal, but thought i would give him the pancakes as thats what Em was having and he usually steals hers LOL
Jack will eat raisins all the time too, i just hate the end result if he has had too many!!

:rofl: the prune affect

I just make sure he gets some of all the important food groups.

Dinners arnt a problem as he always has the same as us and I dont eat junk but he has become fussy with his veg, so I have to adapt to him. Like he only eats carrots if they are raw and grated, not cooked.
And if he doesnt eat any veg I just make sure he gets a couple of pieces of fruit as his desert.

I never feed him sweets and get pissed of when family members keep insisting on buying him buttons and stuff each time they visit. He only has water to drink or milk. Jucie normaly has a load of sugar in it as well so I just feed him fruit instead.

I do try my best-Rebecca isnt allowed chocolate or anything and she still gets baby juice, thats it.

I have to admitt sometimes I do make things for quickness like when I get in from work- like potato fritters bunged in the oven a slice of ham with a veg!

But usually I am good :blush:

Desert is a fromage frais

No crisps, sweets etc rule in my house

I never feed him sweets and get pissed of when family members keep insisting on buying him buttons and stuff each time they visit.

my mums a night mare for that , bloody milky bars everytime she sees alana. i just throw them in the cupboard and eat it myself :rofl:

cant stand it when people fill their kids full of junk to keep them quiet or just cant be bothered to make something decent

I do try my best-Rebecca isnt allowed chocolate or anything and she still gets baby juice, thats it.

I have to admitt sometimes I do make things for quickness like when I get in from work- like potato fritters bunged in the oven a slice of ham with a veg!

But usually I am good :blush:

Desert is a fromage frais

No crisps, sweets etc rule in my house

at least you dont throw it all in a deep fat frier

Colby eats everything and anything except peas and beans so she gets most healthy things but Adele is a really fussy eater so i try my hardest to give her the best of healthy things that she will eat but its very hard but shes not really a sweety kid so its a good thing i suppose i just wish she would eat more fruit than just bananas :lol:

Colby eats everything and anything except peas and beans so she gets most healthy things but Adele is a really fussy eater so i try my hardest to give her the best of healthy things that she will eat but its very hard but shes not really a sweety kid so its a good thing i suppose i just wish she would eat more fruit than just bananas :lol:

to many bananas isnt that good for babies , can constipate them and make them feel bloated and full up when they are not.

agghh, i had typed out a long message and Coby turned my pc off!

Cant be arsed to re type it so here is the short version lol

When Charlie and Ethan were little there wasnt so much about food awareness as there is now, so now im really aware of it and try my best to stick to it.

i only by brown or best of both bread, i wont have white anymore, i make sure they have dairy everyday, milk, cheese, yougurts.

All cereals are wholmeal or low saugared ones, i do have jam but i buy the diabectic one.

They have veg everyday and have beans once or twice a week but i get the low salt ones.

We always have lots of fruit in teh house, bananas, melons, pinapple, mangos, we also have dried fruits like cranberrys, redcurrants, raisns etc and i make sure all 3 eat some everyday.

We do have crisps and choc bars in teh house, but i dont let them go mad on them.

did put loads more but i have forgotten lol

x

agghh, i had typed out a long message and Coby turned my pc off!

Cant be arsed to re type it so here is the short version lol

When Charlie and Ethan were little there wasnt so much about food awareness as there is now, so now im really aware of it and try my best to stick to it.

i only by brown or best of both bread, i wont have white anymore, i make sure they have dairy everyday, milk, cheese, yougurts.

All cereals are wholmeal or low saugared ones, i do have jam but i buy the diabectic one.

They have veg everyday and have beans once or twice a week but i get the low salt ones.

We always have lots of fruit in teh house, bananas, melons, pinapple, mangos, we also have dried fruits like cranberrys, redcurrants, raisns etc and i make sure all 3 eat some everyday.

We do have crisps and choc bars in teh house, but i dont let them go mad on them.

did put loads more but i have forgotten lol

x

melons are really good , alana is like a caged animal with a melon :rofl:

we go mad on them lol, we tend to buy 3 diffrent types and chop them all up and put them in a big tub in teh fridge once a week, we do the same with teh pinapple and mangos. the kids snack on them as do we, really fills you up too coz of all the water.

x

forgot to add, we also have alot of pasta and rice so i always by the wholemeal/brown ones. i dont really have white anything anymore.

x

i only eat brown bread , but alana does have white and she loves rice but isnt keen on pasta

Coby is a buscuit boy, made the mistake of giveing him some ages ago and now he loves them lol

we do have treats in the house, im not strict all the time, always got puddings (ice creams, angel delight rice pudding etc) for after sunday dinner...if they have eaten it all lol

x

To anyone out there that doesnt bother feeding their kids properly(not aiming this at anyone in particular) as their probably is some about.

Take a read of these

https://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/child_obesity.html

https://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/child_obesity.html

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4042949.stm

https://nationalobesityforum.org.uk/content/blogcategory/23/176/

AND SERIOUSLY TAKE NOTE OF THIS LAST ONE

https://news.independent.co.uk/health/article2640430.ece

Coby is a buscuit boy, made the mistake of giveing him some ages ago and now he loves them lol

we do have treats in the house, im not strict all the time, always got puddings (ice creams, angel delight rice pudding etc) for after sunday dinner...if they have eaten it all lol

x

i dont mind giving her biscuits.......her usual treat is a cube of chocolate or choclate fingers.

she does have alot of mineral water ice cops (which she loves) and they are just frozen water

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->