Child nutrition...........

thats a good idea, Coby wont drink water, so i have to give him weak juice to flavor it, sugar free of course lol

he will drink friut jucies but i have never been sure if he can have them at this age

x

the mineral ones are great , no carbs , no fat , no sugar , NOTHING AT ALL just plain water with lemon , strawberry , orange , tropical or blackcurrant flvouring with is natural.

and coz it has the flavour she thinks its a treat

i also think there is to much pressure on parents to feed there kids well now, of course its something that needs to be done, but i get to the point where i feelg uilty letting them have choclate and feel like i need to explain myself lol

There is always that feeling of 'am i doing enough' and i hate it

x

the mineral ones are great , no carbs , no fat , no sugar , NOTHING AT ALL just plain water with lemon , strawberry , orange , tropical or blackcurrant flvouring with is natural.

and coz it has the flavour she thinks its a treat

do you buy them or make them yourself? coz they would be easy to make wouldnt they

x

I try my best, I make sure she gets protein, dairy, veg and fruit each day, there are days when I have to rush that she will have somehting done in the oven, but then she will always get peas with it too, I much prefer to give her home cooked food though. I dont measure amounts or anything like that, just try my bes tto give her a varied diet.

I think she has too much chocolate though, I rarely give it to her, but when she goes to nanas house she gets chocolate EVERY time and its really started to annoy me! they dont even ask if shes allowed it, they just give it to her, and try taking chocolate of an 18months old. I think if it carries in I will have to say something, but I dont have the heart to grrrr

i also think there is to much pressure on parents to feed there kids well now, of course its something that needs to be done, but i get to the point where i feelg uilty letting them have choclate and feel like i need to explain myself lol

There is always that feeling of 'am i doing enough' and i hate it

x

at least your doing it or even trying , they are just targetting the ones that simply just cant be bothered.

I try my best, I make sure she gets protein, dairy, veg and fruit each day, there are days when I have to rush that she will have somehting done in the oven, but then she will always get peas with it too, I much prefer to give her home cooked food though. I dont measure amounts or anything like that, just try my bes tto give her a varied diet.

I think she has too much chocolate though, I rarely give it to her, but when she goes to nanas house she gets chocolate EVERY time and its really started to annoy me! they dont even ask if shes allowed it, they just give it to her, and try taking chocolate of an 18months old. I think if it carries in I will have to say something, but I dont have the heart to grrrr

nans always think they know best though :rofl: my mum is the same , pisses me right off

i know what you mean about others given chocs, when Charlie was little i went back to work for a while, my friend looked after her for me, one day when i got home she was feeding her white choc buttons (Charlie was 6 months old) i went completlely nuts!! i gave up my job then so i could look after her myself.

x

i would rather spoil alana with new toys/clothes than a bar of chocolate and a plate of crap

when she goes to my mums shes good, and gives Ella fruit, becuase I give her fruit as a mid mornnig snack, strawberries, grapes or banana. But OH's parents give her chocolate and tinned beans and sausages for dinner (which I dont mind every so often but not too much)

I guess at the end of the day it wont do her any harm, Id just rather give her chocolate everynow and then as a treat for being good, not for her to have it willy nilly

when she goes to my mums shes good, and gives Ella fruit, becuase I give her fruit as a mid mornnig snack, strawberries, grapes or banana. But OH's parents give her chocolate and tinned beans and sausages for dinner (which I dont mind every so often but not too much)

I guess at the end of the day it wont do her any harm, Id just rather give her chocolate everynow and then as a treat for being good, not for her to have it willy nilly

just got to make sure that they dont feed it to her so much , that it will be all she likes eating

i am not to strict tbh

as long as my two have their 5 a day then im not to botherd

Harley is very healthy loves veg meat and fruit he easily has his 5 a day

breakfast - bannana and toast

snack - handfull of grapes

lunch - cheese snadwhich with a yogot

mash potatoe - chicken breast - sprouts - colliflour - cabbage
(with normal gravy watered down alot)

snack - rasins

before bed - weetabix

and he loves tip tops so he has a few of them in the day

Dior is not to healthy
its just her age though i am hoping

breakfast - toast and banana

snack - rasins

lunch - cheese sandwhich or tomatoe sauce sandwhich

snack - strawberries

dinner - chips sweetcorn pizza or spag bol or she likes beans
(she only eats chips or mash hates veg) sooooooooooo fussy

before bed - cornflakes

i dont mind them having chocolate as long as they have eaten all their dinner, they are children and have the rest of their lives to worry about pressure being thin etc

untill then i will let them enjoy chocolate

i dont mind them having chocolate as long as they have eaten all their dinner, they are children and have the rest of their lives to worry about pressure being thin etc

untill then i will let them enjoy chocolate

its not about being skinny , its about being healthy and what you do with your children when they are young will rub off on them for when they are older , they carry bad habits with them in to adulthood.

i no its not about being skinny lol

but when they are older they wont eat chocolate for that reason - i dont see any thing wrong with a child having chocolate a packet of buttons a day is fine in my eyes

The problem is, the body creates fat pockets which stay with you for life and will always make you pre disposed to gaining weight in those areas. So if a baby or todler is overweight they are far more prone to obesity later in like. Plus their bodies are a lot more prone to irriparable damage at that stage as they are doing most of their growing and development, in the same way if you giver them so much sugar so their teeth rot its with them for life. If your child is over weight, or malnorished this will effect all thair internal organs and bones and make them a lot more at risk of illness later in life even just by having a weaker imune syslem so more suseptable to viruses.

Dior and Harley are not over weight but even if they were at this age it really would not worry me.

they eat friut and veg so for me thats good anough they can have chocolate once a day

I have given up following all the advice in papers etc.
I just get confused - the other day they were saying raisins are full of sugar and bad for teeth! i think you just have to be sensible Ewan gets bits of every thing, he eats what we eat and no other choice is given, he had chocolate as a treat every so often, mainly when at grannies, He had digestive biccies at home, He has never been a fruit eater but enjoys veg and meat.
I just try and given him something different every so often.

We dont give him a plate of his own food he just comes and gets what he wants from ours and it works really well.
Otherwise it gets plastered in to the carpet as he will not sit in his high chair any more.

Jamie is quite good with food, he loves most fruit and veg, although he wont eat peas or bananas !
I always make sure he has a balanced diet, he loves chicken cassorole or any other meat cassorole etc and i never add salt to any of his stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->