Child nutrition...........

Dionne - re the ketchup sandwich. My friend used to love these - but she used to put banana in it too. She said it was delicious - bleurgh. Saying that I used to have banana sandwiches with tons of sugar and she always thought that was minging lol.

If I am honest I don't really stress too much about what Seren eats. I am very lucky as she loves fruit and veg and would prefer some fruit ovre anyhting else so its not a struggle to get her to eat 5 a day. Her typical day goes

Breakfast - banana, bowl of weetabix

Lunch - can be anything, i.e. baked potato and cheese, pasta and cheese (or tuna), sandwich, toast with peanut butter, some fruit, tomatoes.

Dinner - she tends to have what we have so the last week she has had chicken korma (I got bought a new recipe book lol), roast beef wiith all the trimmings, chicken salad (not so much of a fan of lettuce sadly), salmon with steamed veg, spagetti bolognese, cottage opie with veg. On a friday though we go to my Grandpa's for tea and he always cooks chips so she will have one or two chips, then fishfingers with beans. We don't usually have a pudding, but if she does it is either a fruit yoghurt, fruit puree or just fruit. she is partial to banana and custard.
She does snack alot, loves the boxes of raisens, organix crisps (she will have half a bag every other day), cubes of cheese, cucumber, carrot sticks, celery with hummous or guacamole or cereal bars. She occasionally has chocolate and biscuits.

I personally think that food is there to be enjoyed, I like a bit of everything and I want Seren to grow up seeing food as a positive thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->