Child trust fund and higher rate DLA

AP

Reaction score
I've just discovered that those who's child are in reciept of higher rate care component of DLA are entitled to an additional sum of money in their child trust fund.

Does anyone know how this works? Especialy with the scrappage of the scheme?

I've just discovered that those who's child are in reciept of higher rate care component of DLA are entitled to an additional sum of money in their child trust fund.

Does anyone know how this works? Especialy with the scrappage of the scheme?

Not entirely the same, but because of Higher rate tax credits due the the Childcare element, they just transferred another £250 into Noah's Trust fund. I got a letter about 4 weeks ago so you might find same thing happens. I didnt have to apply or anything x

im not sure when this is being scrapped it may have already which i think means no extra payments now but im going to check xx

found this :)

https://childtrustfund.gov.uk/templates/Page____1407.aspx

did u not get a letter? we got one months back saying that they paid £200 in matthews account

according to that 200 wil continue every year but i thought the goverment where stopping all payments

This has reminded me that I actually need to get round to opening Findlay's child trust fund as I still haven't done it, oops! :dohh:

Found this:

"My child is disabled, will they still get a Government payment?

If your child has a CTF account, and is entitled to Disability Living Allowance at any time in the 2010-11 tax year, then they will be entitled to an additional payment into their CTF account, and this will be paid.

From tax year 2011-12 onwards, the Government intends that these payments will stop."

Thanks girls. I just read that we dont need to do anything about it, it's automatically put in :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->