childbirth classes

christmasgift

Reaction score
Are you all going to take the childbirth classes offered at some hospitals? If so, when are you going to schedule. I am due September 2; should I schedule for June or July?

Our clinic only runs them once a month, and the midwife automatically booked us in for the one 6 weeks-ish before... Due 13th Oct, booked for 5th Sept... She said it's quite normal for those having evening classes (mine's a day-long course) to start 6-7 weeks before they're due.

Hope this helps!

mine is 4 classes, 1 per week, they start at 31 weeks or so for me but thats the routine for my area.

I'm due Sept 8th and I've signed up for NCT classes for 4 weeks - 3 evenings and one whole day throughout July/ early August but I think the local midwifery clinic runs some parentcraft classes which I will go to around 31 weeks too.

I'm doing classes through a local midwifery centre: they start May 13 for five weeks, and we're due the end of July.

iam not doing em didnt with my son so not gunna borth with this 1

I reckon July - I'm due beginning of August and the mw said not to go until the July sessions (4 weeks' worth of NHS) as June would be too early to be most useful.

I'm going to natal hypnotherapy classes, due Aug 9, classes on June 21 & 22 which would be about 6 weeks before ish? Felt the late July ones were just a little too close in time because knowing my luck I'd deliver the week before the class LOL.

The NHS ones I think I'll just go to the tour but will see what the midwife recommends nearer the time.

I think I will give them a miss, I am really queasy and already don;t want to think about the actual birth so was just going to let nature take it's course on the day. Does anyone really recommend these classes, this is my first baby. I just don't want to go to them and start to fear giving birth, at the moment, I know it's going to hurt a lot but I don;t want to know all the gory stuff.

We don't get a choice - they're so over subscribed in our area that you take what you get! I'm due 27th July and ours don't start until 22nd June... I hope I'm not early!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->