Childcare after birth for siblings

zilla

Reaction score
My DS is 2 soon and goes to nursery one day a week and really enjoys it.
The week that DD is born, would you still send him to nursery as normal or keep him at home? I want to keep his schedule as normal as possible but don't want him to think that we're getting rid of him to spend time with the new baby. :wacko: so confused about what to do!

I'd send him if it were me. Afterall my daughter is at school and still has to attend, it's not a case of leaving her out. Plus it'll be time for him and himself instead of competing for yours at a difficult time. But everyone will have a different view. Xxx

that's a good point that I hadn't thought of, thank you!

I would stick to his normal routine also unless you find it is distressing for him, but I would be lead by him and his behaviour :)

I'll be keeping my dd1 in nursery and I'm really hoping that I go into labour when she's at nursery too! X

I intend to keep my dd in daycare while I'm on mat leave. I am sure I will need the time to learn the new baby and their schedule.... I think if you have the option why not.

I've just increased my DDs nursery days from 2 to 3 to give me more of a break on maternity leave! It was supposed to be temporary but life is sooo much easier without a 2 year old to entertain!

My 6 months of saved up childcare vouchers will only stretch to 4 months as a result though...

I've just increased my DDs nursery days from 2 to 3 to give me more of a break on maternity leave! It was supposed to be temporary but life is sooo much easier without a 2 year old to entertain!

My 6 months of saved up childcare vouchers will only stretch to 4 months as a result though...

I wish I could have afforded more these past few weeks- it's soo expensive!
Thankfully family have been pretty good at offering to take him off my hands for a couple of hours here and there x

I had my lb 3 weeks ago monday gone and we still sent her to nursery on the Thursday. Its her routine, she loves going and she loved being able to go and tell the teachers about her new baby brother!

I imagine nursery will be a welcome break for all! Your son can get some play time in with other kids and have a nice change of scenery, and you can get some much needed rest! And where it's only once a week, I can't imagine he'll feel like you're trying to get rid of him. Maybe if it were every day, all day, I could see that... But sounds like everyone wins, if you ask me. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->