childcare?

greenkat

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I've been starting to think about childcare - I'm only 15+3 pregnant but I know I'll need some sort of childcare when LO's a few months old (I don't know if I'll want a childminder or what yet), just for like 6 hours a week.

How soon before you need it do you need to start looking? Is it too soon to look when LO's not even born?

Has anyone had to leave their LO in childcare when they're really little? I know it'll be really, really hard just want to do the best for him/her.

Sorry for all the Q's - just it's been on my mind as I will want to leave LO in the best care possible.

I booked my LO in at about 28 weeks. Places for younger babies can fill up really quickly and Im going back to work full time, so I wanted it sorted so we could forget about it. He'll be about 6 months when he starts there.

I think you've still got a bit of time to do it yet.

xxx

Youve still got plenty of time yet hun so i wouldnt worry too much but do bear in mind that spaces do fill quickly.

Im lucky enough to have ready made childcare in the form of my mum (shes self employed so has offered to have LO 3 days per week from the start) but otherwise my LO would be going into childcare at just a few months old. Might sound harsh to some people but in order to give her the best start in life i need to get back to work so i can afford to give her the things she needs. So dont feel guilty if you need some help right from the start

xxx

I've been a childcare provider for 8 years now... One word of advice I would love to give to you when searching for childcare... ensuring that the facility has an "open door policy" is in my opinion a MUST. To know that you can show up at any time, unannounced to see how the program is running. (ensure however, that you are respectable and not causing any interuptions with the daily planning) Alot of facilities now adays require the parents and child to have a sit-in for an hour or so to see how the program runs and get a feel for the educators and the educators get a feel for your family... to me, it is such a great quality for a childcare facility to pocess!

Great luck with your childcare search ladies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->