Chinese Accupuncture

I have to say I do not really know a lot about Chinese medicine so terminology is confusing. I tried yoga but could not stick with it, was not sure I was doing it right but I guess I do need to do some kind of exercise to help with blood/energy flow and also shift some weight. Over the years I have been gradually putting on more and more and moving from size 6 to 12, not a good thing. I also added 2 extra kg since July after I quitted coffee (and replaced it with even more chocolate)

I have to say I do not really know a lot about Chinese medicine so terminology is confusing. I tried yoga but could not stick with it, was not sure I was doing it right but I guess I do need to do some kind of exercise to help with blood/energy flow and also shift some weight. Over the years I have been gradually putting on more and more and moving from size 6 to 12, not a good thing. I also added 2 extra kg since July after I quitted coffee (and replaced it with even more chocolate)

yeah i kind of put my exercise on hold as for two weeks of every month i was worried about jumping around and maybe dislodging egg so i too have been popping of a few pounds to the point where i have to readjust my jeans at the front when sitting down to accommodate my tummy. its not even mid day and i have already eaten two cakes...oh dear! went out earlier and brought lots of soup to take into work for the rest of the week and will need to keep off the chocolate as i have to remind myself it also contains caffeine. I do allow myself two cups of normal tea per day.

I have been off exercise since we started TTC which is well over 2 years exactly for that reason, I used to care about how I looked now I just want to my body to be pregnancy friendly that's all. I am still not even close to being overweight so nothing to worry about although DH is making various comments about me looking as if I was pregnant :( maybe before O I could take up running again. Does Chinese medicine say anything about sport?

I have been off exercise since we started TTC which is well over 2 years exactly for that reason, I used to care about how I looked now I just want to my body to be pregnancy friendly that's all. I am still not even close to being overweight so nothing to worry about although DH is making various comments about me looking as if I was pregnant :( maybe before O I could take up running again. Does Chinese medicine say anything about sport?

exercise advise is dependent upon your condition - but generally exercise is encouraged so that it leaves you energised but not exhausted. don't exercise in short, intense bursts (i used to like combat classes/spinning etc which is out) and avoid over-exercising - 30 mins 3 times per week so standard advise really.....so, try to avoid any strenuous exercise particularly during period. a good old fast paced walk/light jog around the block to move the blood around on a daily basis should do the trick and a nice daily stretch too. Post ovulation i avoid any proper full on exercise inc. jogging.....but try and do something which gets the blood circulating - more blood to uterus which is what i hope the pineapple is going to help with - when are you going to finish with the pineapple?

I still have 3 pineapples to go through so another 6 days which will bring me to 10DPO. Somehow I just do not think I will get pregnant this cycle I still hope but it does not feel like that so may as well eat pineapples all I want… I am still contemplating whether I should test on Saturday morning before going for acu, I am slightly concerned about electric currents going through the needles on my belly.

jogging before O sounds like a plan for the next cycle. Something to look forward to.

I still have 3 pineapples to go through so another 6 days which will bring me to 10DPO. Somehow I just do not think I will get pregnant this cycle I still hope but it does not feel like that so may as well eat pineapples all I want… I am still contemplating whether I should test on Saturday morning before going for acu, I am slightly concerned about electric currents going through the needles on my belly.

jogging before O sounds like a plan for the next cycle. Something to look forward to.

i would be a bit dubious too but so long as she knows you are in post ov phase I'm sure she knows exactly what she is doing - maybe it helps with implantation perhaps.....i feel totally the same as usual so doubt its my cycle but you never know...i suppose preg symptoms are very rare before implantation so i won't start symptom obsessing until thursday at least....I have no doubt we will both get pregnant so feeling positive about it in the long run

Blythe, thanks for the research! :)
Just be carefull what herbs you are taking because some of them can cause misscariage. We think they are harmless, like parsley, but in fact in unwanted pregnancieswomen are encouraged to drink/eat these herbs to miscarry naturally.
There are other herbs as well. Check these websites:
https://voices.yahoo.com/natural-abortion-inducing-miscarriage-herbs-459057.html
https://www.92024.com/herbsnpregnancy.htm

Just be carefull what herbs you are taking because some of them can cause misscariage. We think they are harmless, like parsley, but in fact in unwanted pregnancieswomen are encouraged to drink/eat these herbs to miscarry naturally.
https://voices.yahoo.com/natural-abortion-inducing-miscarriage-herbs-459057.html

yes you are right and i would never suggest anyone take any herbs unless prescribed by someone who is authorised to do so....i cannot remember why i was taking dong quai but i was and that is when i (unexpectedly) became pregnant with my first (unexpectedly because i had given up on it happening) - i know that this herb must be used with care to as it can bring on bleeding - good if you have long cycles but i would imagine not so good in the first few weeks of pregnancy, for some at least. interesting about parsley - never knew that - thanks for links will check out now

yes you are right and i would never suggest anyone take any herbs unless prescribed by someone who is authorised to do so....i cannot remember why i was taking dong quai but i was and that is when i (unexpectedly) became pregnant with my first (unexpectedly because i had given up on it happening) - i know that this herb must be used with care to as it can bring on bleeding - good if you have long cycles but i would imagine not so good in the first few weeks of pregnancy, for some at least. interesting about parsley - never knew that - thanks for links will check out now

I made that mistake taking Dong Quai without consulting first and messed up my ovulation timing.:dohh: Apparently it shouldn't have done that, but I guess my body was too sensitive :growlmad:

When I read about the herbs for the first time, I freaked out and my DH found it amusing and said: "Why don't you just stop eating completely?" :haha:
Now I'm scared to have any tea after ovulation :wacko: :haha:

I made that mistake taking Dong Quai without consulting first and messed up my ovulation timing.:dohh: Apparently it shouldn't have done that, but I guess my body was too sensitive :growlmad:

When I read about the herbs for the first time, I freaked out and my DH found it amusing and said: "Why don't you just stop eating completely?" :haha:
Now I'm scared to have any tea after ovulation :wacko: :haha:

I know it's worrying isn't it.....blimey there's loads on those lists :nope: including the pineapple I'm eating at the mo although intend to finish in a few days....I have been drinking ginger tea as I hope it is warming but not sure about that now....gotta have a cuppa during the day:thumbup:

am eating my pineapple and thinking, am i doing the right thing here? it's delicious though

I know what you mean! Sod it I'm going to keep eating it and maybe try something else next cycle....

After experimenting with juices and smoothies I actually found that just eating it fresh is probably the best thing

6 dpo and finished pineapple....was intending to eat it for longer but ate it all last night! Have some grape juice which also acts as blood thinner so will have that tonight and then wait and see......nothing out of the ordinary so far.... Keep poking my boobs but nothing....fingers crossed for you

I am also 6-7 DPO, and still have two pineapples left so will continue for the next few days. I have no unusual symptoms whatsoever but it does not mean anything really.

Am also drinking Chinese herbs and seem to get more and more spots on my face, they started before I had the herbs and but somehow have gotten worse over the last few days. not sure if there is any connection here

I have been going to TCM doctor for acupuncture and chiropractic. I feel a million times better, healthier. The whole family is eating better, we are sugar and gluten free. And I love my acupuncture appts (3x per week). It does work.

Rashaa, you have acu 3 times s week? that's quite intense. how long have you been doing it?

I am off to my 3rd acu appointment.

yes Briss, three times / week, been doing it for a month, and I'm doing it for two months, then I will go to two times/month for a bit, then once weekly to keep it going.

I love it, i feel so calm and relaxed after treatments. I also take herbs.

just had my acu, so relaxing! I also had cupping and massage. I have been taking herbs for a week (twice a day) and will continue with them. I asked for a list of herb that she is mixing for me, am trying to understand what exactly I am taking - a really big list :) She also asked for my charts. Do any of you show your temp charts to acu practitioners?

Briss, I did. He was cery much interested in them. Next time I'll ask him what he saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->