Chinese Accupuncture

you deserved it you have been doing it for a week now, can you see any result. weight loss obviously which is great. anything else?

I will limit it to 3 days cos I know I cant survive without chocolate...

My juicer still has not arrived and I stocked this morning on spinach, beets etc...fingers crossed it arrives on Monday. Other than the weight loss I do feel better....I feel as if I regained a bit of control back instead of just constantly waiting so that, for me, is great. My skin is looking better too...I am determined to stick to it and hope that a proper juice fast will really build on the positive stuff I have noticed so far...

i am quite new to this juicing thing, it's not easy at all.

I juiced celery, apples, carrots, cucumber, spinach, parsley, lemon. and I did not like it :( or maybe I need time to get used to it I do not know.

lemon was a mistake, it kind of ruined the whole thing. celery on its own is not nice at all. spinach and parsley, are so hard to juice but they give such a strong green colour to the mix.

I am going to make myself pure carrot juice now I love it and really need something nice to get rid of that awful taste...

Eeeeww I can't say I'm looking forward to the savoury juices...I imagine some will be a bit rubbish. I have a Jason vale book coming with my juicer so will try some from that. I have ginger and a couple of massive cucumber and loads of carrots and apples and beet roots(good for cleansing the liver I hear) I think il stick the maca in one of them as I'm struggling with it as a shot in the morning...yuk!

I also got a few beet roots to play with. I hear beet roots can be quite strong and better to mix them with something. I have two more days to practice and find a bearable combination. the good thing about these juices is that they put you off eating :)

just tried juicing half beetroot and lots of carrots - simply divine! I could drink nothing but this all day long, shame you cant really drink too much beetroot juice cos it's really powerful detox

well, i had some wine during af (especially since it was during thanksgiving here in the u.s.)

my heart is telling me to cut it out completely. same with decaf coffee.

i'm debating switching to green tea, but i've read mixed studies on caffeine.

one acupuncturist i saw told me that the caffeine in tea is better than decaf coffee. they referred specifically to the chemical process in making decaf.

so, i'll be cutting out the alcohol sooner than usual, and cutting out the decaf coffee (maybe a decaf latte here and there...i love the holiday coffee drinks).

that's it for now. i'll be heading back to acupuncture next saturday after taking a break this last cycle.

:dust:

just tried juicing half beetroot and lots of carrots - simply divine! I could drink nothing but this all day long, shame you cant really drink too much beetroot juice cos it's really powerful detox

That sounds good....I love beet roots. I really hope my juicer turns up tomorrow so I can get going!

I have been starting day with chopped up lemon in hot water....probably ripping the enamel off my teeth but my insides feel better

well, i had some wine during af (especially since it was during thanksgiving here in the u.s.)

my heart is telling me to cut it out completely. same with decaf coffee.

i'm debating switching to green tea, but i've read mixed studies on caffeine.

one acupuncturist i saw told me that the caffeine in tea is better than decaf coffee. they referred specifically to the chemical process in making decaf.

so, i'll be cutting out the alcohol sooner than usual, and cutting out the decaf coffee (maybe a decaf latte here and there...i love the holiday coffee drinks).

that's it for now. i'll be heading back to acupuncture next saturday after taking a break this last cycle.

:dust:

I don't think some alcohol, caffeine etc here and there matter a jot. This is the first week in my life I have had caffeine (except for chocolate advent calendar I destroyed yesterday and one coffee on fri) and its great. I think the most important thing is to try and limit intake or keep them as treats rather than daily tipple. Yeah I'm a bit dubious of decaf coffee and would rather just have the real thing but less of it....i think the chem process is no so great for us ladies. I'm back to tcm in the new year if I don't get that bfp this cycle. Fingers crossed for us all x

VKJ, I cut down coffee and replaced it with nettle tea (it took a while to get used to...) exactly for that reason (i.e. the chemical process in making decaf.) i did not switch to decaf. I drink green tea from time to time but mainly herb teas. I could not cut it out completely, I have a small cup of coffee on weekend as a treat I find it helps me stay on track during the week

I started the day with a bit of a cry (another pregnancy announcement by a close friend) followed by a cup of coffee.... but then I was really good yesterday with all this juicing. Will be trying some more today.

lemon in hot water is great though I cant drink it on an empty stomach. You can drink it with a straw to save your teeth. I do it for grapefruit juice, it can be really tough on your teeth and I drink lots of it before O for obvious reasons (well obvious to any TTCer that is)

I am off to my next acu session. cant wait! I really enjoy it. I am also bringing my temp charts, really curious what she is going to make of them. I also want to show off my new blemishes on my chin, I am sure they mean something to her, nothing good of course

VKJ, I cut down coffee and replaced it with nettle tea (it took a while to get used to...) exactly for that reason (i.e. the chemical process in making decaf.) i did not switch to decaf. I drink green tea from time to time but mainly herb teas. I could not cut it out completely, I have a small cup of coffee on weekend as a treat I find it helps me stay on track during the week

I started the day with a bit of a cry (another pregnancy announcement by a close friend) followed by a cup of coffee.... but then I was really good yesterday with all this juicing. Will be trying some more today.

lemon in hot water is great though I cant drink it on an empty stomach. You can drink it with a straw to save your teeth. I do it for grapefruit juice, it can be really tough on your teeth and I drink lots of it before O for obvious reasons (well obvious to any TTCer that is)

I am off to my next acu session. cant wait! I really enjoy it. I am also bringing my temp charts, really curious what she is going to make of them. I also want to show off my new blemishes on my chin, I am sure they mean something to her, nothing good of course

sorry to hear you were upset - i know how i feel when i get the same news - my stomach sinks and my heart hurts....i am always happy for other people but it just brings home what a difficult process this is.

i hope your appt goes well today - did she give you a new prescription or same as before? perhaps the blemishes are a good sign of your body clearing stuff out.

thanks for the straw tip - i had not thought of that.

Just had my acu session, it was a bit more painful then usual particularly on the right side, not sure why. They did not like my temp charts :( her assistant said post O temps were up and down while they are supposed to go up and stay on the same level for at least a week. although she never saw FF charts before and confused my period with pre-O fertile period... well in the end she said I should start taking some additional herb - Tiao Jing Cu Yun Wan from CD5 for 20 days. has anyone heard of this? they look like that https://www.springherb.co.uk/Cu_Yun_Wan_Tiao_Jing_Cu_Yun_Wan.html am going to do a bit of research on this but chinese herbs are so complex I guess I just have to trust the doc knows what she is doing. Other than that she gave me the same herb mix as last 2 weeks. I also got more needles this time on my arms and legs.

Just had my acu session, it was a bit more painful then usual particularly on the right side, not sure why. They did not like my temp charts :( her assistant said post O temps were up and down while they are supposed to go up and stay on the same level for at least a week. although she never saw FF charts before and confused my period with pre-O fertile period... well in the end she said I should start taking some additional herb - Tiao Jing Cu Yun Wan from CD5 for 20 days. has anyone heard of this? they look like that https://www.springherb.co.uk/Cu_Yun_Wan_Tiao_Jing_Cu_Yun_Wan.html am going to do a bit of research on this but chinese herbs are so complex I guess I just have to trust the doc knows what she is doing. Other than that she gave me the same herb mix as last 2 weeks. I also got more needles this time on my arms and legs.

thats interesting about your temps - my temps are more often that not up and down post ovu so not sure what the issue is there - i always thought it was the overall pattern which mattered and so long as they stay above the cover line etc etc I have not heard of the new herb you have been prescribed....are your herbs reasonably priced?

the more I read about this new herb the more I think she got it wrong, Tiao Jing Cu Yun Wan seems to be for women who do not ovulate but there is not enough info. probably her assistant did not interpret charts correctly thinking I do not ovulate cos she said my temp should go up and stay up for at least a week but she thought the chart started from O line, although I did explain that to her. I just do not know. maybe it was just language barrier and she did not understand me. I really do not think I need to stimulate my ovaries. so confusing

i think herbs are very expensive, I pay 42 a week for the mix and the new herbs were 35 pounds for 20 days supply

I find the costs exorbitant....42 is what I would expect to pay at the new place I have been eying up. I was paying 50 per week just For the herbs and after going back after 4 weeks of taking them he looked at my tongue and said not much progress....I felt very angry. I suppose the herbs are quite gentle and I need to develop patience if and when I return to them. Are you going to take the new herbs or take them bAck? From what I have seen on the web they look ok....I saw they help with clotting and blood circulation.

I had the same pills and I think he gave me when I got the period ( I think)
As for the temperatures, he said the same thing. He was happy that finally my temps after O were in nice line, there were no ups or downs.
I think we are out this month as well :(

I think I even pay less now cos I paid 210 for 6 weeks of herbs in advance which comes to 35 a week if my math is correct. 50 is a bit expensive unless your doctor adds some super expensive ingredients

I had the same pills and I think he gave me when I got the period ( I think)
As for the temperatures, he said the same thing. He was happy that finally my temps after O were in nice line, there were no ups or downs.
I think we are out this month as well :(

interesting, maybe I should try this pills afterall. I read that you should not take them during pregnancy but I was told to take them for 20 days which includes TWW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->