Chinese Medicine...

Heidi21

TTC#1
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Today I have bought myself some chinese medicine to try and boost the ol' baby making. I wondered if any of you on here have tried it??
It's well expensive, but i figured if it works it's worth it! It's £17 a week, and i'm taking it for 6 weeks. The woman reckoned that if it works I will be preggers withing the 6 weeks...

let me know anyhoo...

h xx

:dance:

£17 isn't bad - I looked into this and it was between £30/£40 for me. Did they give you a look over like a little interview in a sense?

I haven't looked into it. I take vitamins to help boost O and improve cycle- but not Chinese herbal. So best of luck, let me know how you go!

She asked me to poke my tongue out and she prodded my wrist a little. She asked if i had suffered from depression recently and about periods (or lack of them) and asked if i tended to be tired, drained of energy and sluggish. All of which are things i suffer from.

She explained that one set of tablets is like reproductive detox, cleaning everythin out and opening up tubes. The other is a detox for the liver and kidneys, and promotes general well-being including improving quality of eggs.
The body will not allow conception if it is unhealthy...apparently.

I've taken 2 sets of tablets and i already feel so much better inside!! odd, probably psychlogical though.

She also mentioned that within a week i will feel healthier on the inside, have much more energy and within 2 weeks, my hair will get better and my complextion will also, or i will glow, as she put it.

I went to one of those on the high street, Herbs and Acupuncture.

The first one, is to aid conception and its called Nuan Gong Yun Zi. This one is also for improving egg quality, cleansing kidneys and liver and also 'tubes'
the second one is Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan, It smells incredibly liquoirice-y(sp?) and this one can be taken throughout pregnancy as a cleanser for the body.

I literally went in and said, what can you do to help me get pregnant.

and i was given these...

I've just done a bit of research into these and i found a more detailed description than what i can give!

Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan

What does it do?
In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), Qi is the vital energy whose smooth flow around the body keeps the body and its organs working in harmony. When a flow of Qi in meridians is stagnated the affected organs will malfunction. In case of liver Qi stagnation, one typically feels distending pain along the sides of the body (especially in the chest), easily gets upset, depressed, and has irregular, painful menstruation or swollen breasts for woman.

Xiao Yao Wan (Pian) disperses liver Qi stagnation. While studies have yet to fully reveal how it works in modern biomedical terms, researches have suggested that Xiao Yao Wan may regulate menstruation by regulating the secretion of hormones. In a study in which 51 patients were involved, levels of estrogen (E2) and prolactin were significantly reduced after use of Xiao Yao Wan whereas no change was observed in the level of testosterone1.

Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan is derived from Xiao Yao Wan by the inclusion of additional herbs that expel heat. So in addition to perform the same function of Xiao Yao Wan, Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan may also reduce the heat like hot flash.

Jia Wei Xiao Yao Wan is indicated in China Pharmacopoeia2 for soothing the liver and clearing heat, strengthening the spleen and nourishing the blood. It is used for distension pain in the chest and hypochondria, irritability, loss of appetite, lassitude, and irregular menstruation due to liver Qi stagnation.†

Nuan Gong Yun Zi Wan

Actions: Replenish qi, nourish and invigorate blood, regulate menstruation and stop pain. Expel the cold and warm the uterus helpful for conception.

Indications: sterility, delayed menstrual cycle, abdomen pain during menstruation, little blood in the amount, dark in color, accompanied by blood masses, or amenorrhea, thin and profuse leukorrhea, pale tongue, due to deficiency of qi and blood, and due to the retention of cold-evil in the uterus.*

Applications: 1. Menstrual disorders: delayed menstrual cycle with scanty menstruation, accompanied by blood masses and dark color, abdominal cold pain which can be relieved by warmth, or intolerance of cold with cold limbs, soreness of waist and lack of vitality, pale tongue with white fur, thready and weak pulse. 2. Amenorrhea: delayed menstrual cycle with scanty menstruation leading gradually to amenorrhea, accompanied with constitutional debility, lassitude in loins and legs, dizziness, tinnitus, short of breath and want of speech, fullness and stuffiness in the region of hypochondria. 3. Dysmenorrhea: distending pain in the lower abdomen prior to or during menstruation, which can be relieved by warmth, menstrual flow scanty in amount, dark in color, intolerance of cold with cold limbs, lack of vitality and asthenia, pale tongue with white and reasy fur, deep and tense pulse or thread and weak pulse. 4. Leukorrhea: lucid, cold, thin and profuse, and discharged continuously, soreness in the waist and coldness in the abdomen, pale tongue with white and thin fur, deep and slow pulse. 5. Sterility long after marriage, delayed menstruation, little and pale menstrual blood, dark and gloomy complexion, lassitude in loins and legs, sexual hypoesthesia, pale tongue with white fur, deep and thready or deep and slow pulse.

Directions: Take 8 pills once time, 3 times a day, as a herbal supplement. Restrain from anger and internal impairment, avoid cold food and drinking.

One thing which I have noticedis that it mentions for the first one (jiawei) it can be given to help loss of apetite and i've been taking it for a day and a bit and i'm ravenous! So hungry.
Also another thing that is interesting is the not to eat cold food. i was told not to drink cold water, but warm water. Kinda makes sense though i guess, to keep ur little growbag warm.

Physician Assistant, also know as physician associate (PA), are healthcare practitioners who are trained to provide diagnosis and treatment of illness and injuries under the direct supervision of physicians and surgeons. For more on job description, please visit our job description page. healthcaresalaryworld com/what-is-physician-assistant-salary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->