Chipped my tooth, getting it pulled tomorrow :O

octoberbaby2

Reaction score
I went to the dentist today, he did a xray and said that I need to get my tooth extracted tomorrow morning. Is it safe for it to be done at 20 weeks pregnant. Also will it hurt? Its the very back molar that is coming out.

Does he know you're pregnant? Assuming you told him. I thought the x ray was the questionable part of it. Yes dental work itself itself is ok, if you are worried you can as your dentist to wait till you have the baby if its not urgent treatment. As for how much it will hurt, I can't tell you! Have had some out myself, it was sore but I wouldn't say painful. Just keep the area clean afterwards with salt water but they will give you instructions xx

Oh that sucks - sorry to hear that. I had a few teeth removed when I was younger and once your numb you can't feel pain, more a 'pulling' feeling.
I too have the dentist tomorrow - my first 2 fillings ever and I'm scared. Was told its safe in pregnancy tho! Xx

I was thinking what Bonnie was thinking. I'd be more worried about having an xray!

I went to the dentist last week, I have a dead wisdom tooth which they will need to take out but he said as it isn't effecting me they will wait until after pregnancy. However if it starts hurting or getting infected then they will take it out sooner. So depends on the urgency of it.

I have also had my other 3 wisdom teeth out and there's a bit of a sharp pain when the anasthetic needle goes into the palette/gums but once it's numb you dont feel a thing :)

I had to have a crown replaced and my tooth underneath it drilled yesterday (because risk of infection was too great to wait until after delivery), and the OB and dentist both said it's safe in 2nd tri. They allowed me to have local anesthetic and used one that is safest and wears off quickly. I had to have dental work in past pregnancies and it's caused no problems for the babies. As long as they shielded you well, the x-ray should be safe, too, as dental x-rays have very little radiation and are targeted at your teeth/jaw (based on what I have read).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->