Choices during induction???

2ndtimeAbz

Reaction score
My MW is pushing for an induction next Thurs for me if I haven't gone into labour by then, whereas I would like to be monitored and NOT induced. I would like to keep the possibilty of a hb going for as long as possible!

My first birth I had PROM and they induced me 36 hours later, it's an experience I'd not like to repeat.

I had a sweep y'day and MW said I'm still high and only 1cm and not much effacement, so surely my body doesn't want to be pushed yet!?

Has anyone had any experience, or could point me in the direction of any info about possibly getting the prostagladin pessary put in and then going home?? I've been reading the scary leaflet on induction they give you and I really don't see the point of constant monitoring in hospital for 24 hours whilst they wait for your cervix to ripen....:dohh:

When I had a gel they said I could go home, but they'd prefer me to stay in. I stayed but always thought afterwards that going home would've been better. I think if you want to go home then they have to let you!

I was induced with my second i got one gel pessary then stayed in they did monitor me for about half an hour but after that i was free to wonder about and do what i liked (it was the middle of the night )and i got my natural birth laid on my side ( spd reasons ) with no futher intervention, my body needed the push caus i was acutely anemic and my body would have likely held onto the baby longer and i was 41+4 already,

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->