Cholestasis and Eclampsia

Chaotic6

Reaction score
This is baby #4. Baby #1 was a healthy pregnancy minus the placenta previa issue. Baby#2 and #3 I was diagnosed at 35 and 1 and 36 and 4 with Cholestasis. My levels jumped. With Baby#2 I delivered at 37 and 2. I was symptomatic from 22 weeks on. I was seeing a midwife that continued to say that I needed water. I was dehydrated. I contacted a high risk OB who did a blood test as soon as I told her about the itching and dark urine. First tests came back with one level high while the other was low. At 34 weeks I was tested again and a week later the OB called to say I was delivering in 2 weeks. Baby #3 I started itching at 12 weeks. I had dark urine and pale poo. I had RUQP. I was not diagnosed until 36 and 4 and delivered 3 days later. She had to rush labs after I went in and showed her my amber urine and my scabs from scratching so much until I bled. They did not give me any steroid shots. After delivery baby was rushed for a 2 week NICU stay and I delevoped eclampsia.

Now here I am at 9 weeks today and this past week my hands, feet, and legs are itching non stop in the evening and at night only. My urine despite drinking 80 ounces of water plus other beverages a day my urine is amber. My first appointment is on 10/5 so not much longer. I've noticed some spotty blurred vision at times again when my chest is tight and I can hear my heart beat in my ears. Any tips? I almost miscarried baby #3 2 times. 12 weeks bright red blood and 15 weeks there was clotting and bleeding.

Oh no hon i really feel for you.
I had ICP and pre eclampsia with my 7 year old dd.
I developed pre eclampsia at 30 weeks and then at 33 weeks I got itchy.
My levels were through the roof and my blood pressure soured
At 34 weeks I was also diagnosed with ICP and induced at 35+4 weeks.

With my son i started itching at 11 weeks.
By 15 weeks I was scratching so much I made myself bleed. I had pale clay coloured poop and very dark urine.
My body itched from head to toe and so did my hands and feet.
I was diagnosed with ICP again at just 17 weeks.
I was put on a medication called Urso which helped bring my bile levels down.
I was really scared I was going to develop pre eclampsia again like with DD.
Thank fully i didnt but I did continue to itch.
My levels only reached to about 47 which I know is high but in medical terms they don't really start worrying unless ure levels go above 100.
I was induced at 37+3 weeks.

Now ttc again and I am worried about getting ICP again but I really want to be pregnant again.
I've already spoken to my liver doctor and he said when I do get pregnant if I start itching he will have me in for bloodtests strait away.

Some doctors try to fob u off and say u can only get ICP in the 3rd trimester but u can actually get it as early as 8 weeks.

Don't leave it hon demand to have ure liver function and bile acid levels checked ASAP.
Good luck hon.
Praying u do now develop pre eclampsia this time and u go full term and have a very healthy baby.

:hugs:. Have only been pregnant once and didn’t get diagnosed with cholestasis till around 35 weeks I think. Then was induced at 38 weeks. But have been told there’s a high chance of it reoccurring again.

I’d say if you’re having symptoms then push for blood tests ASAP so they can get you on medication. ICP can occur at any stage of pregnancy not just 3rd trimester.

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->