Choosing HOPE, leaving stress behind! Anyone wanna join??

MrsAmk

Reaction score
So I feel this intense need and desire to take measures to be as stress free as possible during this ttc business! Just wanted to make a thread and see if anyone else wanted to join to encourage one another. To be real, open and honest, and supportive during the ups, downs, and in-betweens!

A short hx about me: I have been married for just over 2 years to my amazing husband, and we have 3 dogs at home. Last August I became pregnant with our son Silas, who I had at home at 37 weeks exactly. He was born still :cry: and it shattered my heart, my hopes, and my dreams. BUT I am ready to be pregnant again, and have our rainbow baby. Long story short, he has forever changed our lives for the better. He has opened my eyes to the people and world around me, and makes me appreciate everything so much more! I am not the person I was before Silas! We are on month #3 of ttc post partem, and it is already weighing heavily on me. I got pregnant before with Clomid and a trigger shot, and hoping the same happens again!

Anyway, I want to make a list, mostly for my own record but hopefully it will help others too. My current strategies are as follows, please comment with anything you'd like to add to the list for yourself!

1. Jesus! Praying, reading His word, and learning to trust Him more and more. Tell myself daily, it WILL happen again! :happydance:
2. Talk to my son daily, and remember I AM a mother!
3. Loving other people, and shifting my daily, hourly, focus off of getting pregnant and onto serving my God.
4. Accupunture. It helped me conceive last year, so I am starting again!
5. Walking. I love to go for walks, hikes in the woods, taking the dogs out, or just getting fresh air while it is still warm :)
6. Going to bed earlier. Sleep deprevation has always been something that adds a lot to my stress load on top of ttc, and I believe it hinders my overall health.
7. Drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins. Nuff said!
8. Making good food decisions. Preparing healthy meals, while still indulging in red wine and treats! I don't believe any food is off limits, but everything in moderation. (this one is huge for me, I have a hx of anorexia and bulemia for a long time)
9. Cut down on caffeine :coffee: I love me some coffee!
10. Make time to stop and smell the flowers, take deep breathes of fresh Minnesota air and be thankful for all that I have.

I'd love for this thread to be one of diversity, respect and love. It's ok if you don't believe in God, or agree with other things that are said. That is the beauty of our freedom! :thumbup: All are welcome, and I really hope I get to "meet" many women who are going through the struggles of ttc with infertility (or not).

Anyone: :sleep:

Haha that is ok, I will continue to post here for my own accountability and write down my thoughts, feelings, meals, etc. So far today:

Breakfast @630am: Green smoothie with whole milk, spinach, kale, strawberries, pineapple, maca, flax, and almond butter.

Snack @9am: Cup of coffee and Simply Squares bar (www.abemarket.com they are very good with no processed ingrediants)

Lunch @ 12pm: Sandwich with turkey, avocado and tomato and smoked dressing. Side of sweet potato (cut into slices and baked in coconut oil) and cucumbers with ranch dressing. :thumbup:

Dinner: Pizza and a beer :thumbup:

Working today, feeling pretty relaxed. Looking forward to church tomorrow and accupuncture next week! On day 6 of 10 of Clomid....no side effects so that is good! Usually I get bad headaches...hope it is working this time?

Church yesterday was wonderful, as always! DH was with me, which is extra wonderful :)

Breakfast: Smoothie with whole milk, spinach, kale, strawberries, bananas, chia/flax seed combo, almond butter and coconut oil.

Snack: Two Simply Squares bars + decaf coffee

Lunch: Sandwich with turkey, avocado, tomato, pesto, cheese + Sunchips and cherry tomatoes.

Supper: Probably going to make spaghetti or mac and cheese with chicken for dinner tonight :thumbup: Maybe some red vino too!

It's blazin hot here in Minnesota....heat index of 103. Might be nothin to some people down south, but up here that is melting hot lol :wacko:

I am feeling hopeful today! Just hopeful in general, for the future. I KNOW God has good things in store for us, to include children, I just don't know when. Choosing to trust Him, day by day I surrender my helplessness to him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->