Choosing the sex of your baby

BeachyFeelin

Reaction score
If there was a way to 100% choose the sex of your baby - would you?

My short answer would be yes, because we would love one of each. But in the bigger sense.....how would this affect our world if everyone could choose the sex of their baby?

The more I think about it, the scarier it seems. Anyone have thoughts about that?

Hmm tough one!!

Morally - no.

Honestly - if it was a natural process (ie bd in missionary only and you'll have a daughter) then yes as i have always wanted a daughter!
But i do think the science breakthrough recently where people are chooseing the sex of their embryo before its inplanted is a worring step forward!

You can do this if you're inseminating with frozen sperm, depending on where you get it from. Some places claim to seperate the x sperm from the y sperm, and then your purchase your preferred gender. It's not 100% guaranteed, though - but an interesting development!

I agree with the previous poster - for me, I'd probably say 'yes' and choose to have a girl. However, I think you're right that the societal implactaions of something like this would/could be more than we realize!

I would pick despite having one of each. I'd have another girl. I like all the dresses.

I don't think choosing a gender is a problem as long as society doesn't put more value on one or the other. I don't think most people want ONLY girls or ONLY boys, so it would be nice if people could have a guarantee of having both.

no way i would not like the idea of that, messing with fate but that's just me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->