Chores for children

All my 3 help, the older two put toys away, put rubbish in the bin/recycling, take plates and cups out, dirty clothes in the washing basket, Bethany LOVES dusting and Dylan loves hoovering with his own little hoover lol. Sophie "helps" by waving a babywipe around while I clean her highchair lol.

I've just taught them since they were little to help me with my daily routine, I have to redo most of the stuff they do, but I don't mind, I'm just glad they are helping and it's a good chance to just chat and have fun :)

My issue with it are chores are compulsory so therefore should not be given to children as young as two. Niamh helps me if im doing something, she will help prepare tea, pick up her toys, swaps the washing from the washer to the drier, puts things in the bin etc etc but they are not her chores, they are mine. I had to do chores from 8/9 in order to get my pocket money, i had to wash the dishes after tea every night, put my clothes away and i could do extra like washing the bathroom out to get more money but getting a child to paint walls or do the weekly shop? Sorry but those are the parents job (unless the "child" is an older teen)

Do people really disinfect doorknobs?
:haha:

That's what I thought, then that I must be terrible as I've lived here over three years and never disinfected them.

I do, & I also disinfect light switches :blush: :haha:

Phew, I thought it was just me!!!

Ha me too about twice a week :)

We always ill so I really don't know why I bother

Glad I'm not the only one!!! OH sometimes works at the sewage works so after he does a job there I disinfect practically everything!!!

Maria doesn't have any chores as such, but I ask her to help me in everything. Sometimes she helps and sometimes she doesn't but I don't make an issue out of it at this age (except in the case of her deliberately making a mess, in which case she has to clean it up).

i have read jesper juuls and i agree with him. He says chores are good if they are done out of social responsibility. like someone needs help with the dishes. However if they just tasks that you have to do for conscientousness and reward then they are of lesser value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->