Chorionic Villus Sampling next week : /

ms.tjulz

Reaction score
So I will be 12 weeks next week and I am getting this done because I am 36 and me and hubby want to know rather than wonder if the baby is normal and sooner rather than later. Wondering if anyone has had this done and what was your experience. The doctor doing mine has loads of experience and has a miscarriage rate of about 1/500. ANy input would be appreciated.

No hun but wanted to mention I did opt for a free fetal cell dna test which is 99.8% accurate and covered by most insurance for women over 35. Is this an option for you or was it discussed? No chance of miscarriage because they just draw a vile of blood for you and that's it. Also results come back way before cvs or amnio.

No hun but wanted to mention I did opt for a free fetal cell dna test which is 99.8% accurate and covered by most insurance for women over 35. Is this an option for you or was it discussed? No chance of miscarriage because they just draw a vile of blood for you and that's it. Also results come back way before cvs or amnio.

They mentioned something like that I believe but they said its not covered by most and out of pocket is was like $2500 Yikes! Ill ask again tho. thanks!

They mentioned something like that I believe but they said its not covered by most and out of pocket is was like $2500 Yikes! Ill ask again tho. thanks!

Holy crap that's crazy! Even Natera who does the Panorama will mark it down to $800 if your insurance won't cover it...just a thought. The good news is that there's sweeping changes going on with insurance and these test because they cost insurance companies WAY less than cvs or amnio so they are covering these test at a crazy fast rate. Who is your insurance through if you don't mind me asking? There were serveral companies that started covering the test as of January 1. My office didn't think I'd be covered until I showed them otherwise.

Oh and btw the reason I looked (and to better answer your question) into it was because my sister was 37 when she got pregnant with her 3rd early last year and it wasn't covered by her insurance at that time. She said her cvs was quite painful and she leaked lots of amniotic fluid for several days and was on bedrest:nope: I'm sure this isn't the "norm" but it scared the begebeez out of me and I was scrambling to find another option (I'm 36) and so did quite a bit of research on it.

Holy crap that's crazy! Even Natera who does the Panorama will mark it down to $800 if your insurance won't cover it...just a thought. The good news is that there's sweeping changes going on with insurance and these test because they cost insurance companies WAY less than cvs or amnio so they are covering these test at a crazy fast rate. Who is your insurance through if you don't mind me asking? There were serveral companies that started covering the test as of January 1. My office didn't think I'd be covered until I showed them otherwise.

It's healthnet blue and gold. I gotta make some calls. They did mention the company would probably mark it down tho. I swear too many options! This stuff will drive you crazy lol thanks for all the input!

You may want to look in to the MaterniT21. I did it last year bc of my age. The lab is Sequonen (or something like that) and it's in California. I called them directly and they told me if my insurance didn't cover it, they'd charge no more than $250. It's worth a call. Good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->