christening - baptism

mickey

Reaction score
are u doing/did u do a christening/baptism?

I want to do one, but I am not familiar how u do one here?

in Germany u would do it, that the baby receives blessing and protection from god. has it the same meaning here?

in Germany the baby would be fully dressed in white and carried on a white pillow and would receive his/her baptism in church.

thx guys :hi:

Yeah as far as I know it works the same here
And also the godparents and parents promise to bring the child up well and with God in their lives etc.
They wear a long white dress, not sure about the pillow though!
I think me and my OH will get the LO christened, my family's actually Jewish so it has no meaning to me but James's family is Christian and I think they would like it. Also, its a nice way of celebrating the baby's birth and name :)
xx

We're planning a naming day in March as I'm an athiest and OH is sort of agnostic (can't commit to anything lol). Kaya is going to have 4 'supporting adults' rather than godparents.

Yeah its pretty much the same here as far as i know. We're not christning Oliver as we are not religious ourselves and feel it's his own choice, I dont want to force any religion onto him, he can follow his own path and we will support that. We are thinking of holding a naming ceromony for him though. Thats a non religious ceromony to celebrate his birth. xx

Seren had a naming ceremony and it was fab. She had 3 supporting adults and 4 guideparents and the ceremony was all about her and her family.

Mickey the christening thing sounds about the same here though I don'tknow how yuou would organise it?Perhaps speaking to your local church might help, they could give you some pointers?

Raven had a Christening,

Yeah it has the same meaning and Raven has 2 Godmothers and Godfathers who will support her and give her guidance in her spritual life. Never heard of the pillow though. The baby is baptised with holy water by the priest in the church in front of everyone. So yeah basically it works the same way xoxoxoxoxoxox

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->