Christmas and Breast Feeding :o)

KX

Reaction score
Its my birthday on Xmas Eve (will be 25 :blush:) but Im holding off having a drink til Xmas, but I was thinking about starting to express some and freeze it now so I can have a few vino's on the day.

But when the day comes will my boobs not swell to bursting point and the milk need expressed? and do I bin that stuff as there is alcohol in my blood stream?

The feeding is going well now, altho I still wont feed her outside:blush:
She is only putting on between 6-9oz a week which isnt that much, but HV said as long as its over 4oz its fine. Rebecca put on much more weight quicker with formula, alho Lucy is still feeding like there's no tomorrow.

Any advice on the alcohol situation would be appreciated xxxxxxxxxxx

cant offer any advice, just wanted to ask you a question if thats ok

How long did it take for the pain of feeding to go?

I think your doing fab hun :)

x

If you've had a drink, you are supposed to express the milk and then bin it. However, I know a lot of women who'll have a couple and still BF - they say it helps the baby sleep lol.

yep i agree with marley express it then bin it hope u have a lovely bday though :)

Thanks ladies xx

Layla, I would say once I got to the 3 week mark my nipples had gotten used to it.

Believe me tho, there were many toe curling moments and I was grinding my teeth so hard together, I used to cry when she started sucking and mum said its not worth it get her on the bottle.

Im not a know it all with this bf stuff, and would never profess to be, but if women cant do it, never beat yourself up, its the hardest thing ever! (I couldnt do it with Becca and felt terrible, but people shouldn't)

Anyhoo I'll stop rambling but its something I feel strongly about ^^ :blush:

Not long now hun :hugs:

thanks Kx

I really want to do it this time, i gave up on Coby coz the pain was so bad, if i have a rough time limit in my head to aim for i think i will be able to push through it better :)

x

Layla I would thoroughly recommend getting in Lansinoh cream, it keeps your nipples soft and supple, and calms the redness down. it costs £10 out of Mothercare but a wise buy.

Oh and you will need breast/nursing pads-just to let you know they are all half price in Sainsburys just now, a bargain at £1.44!

I gave up with Rebecca the same reason you did with Coby :hugs: TBH its also saved us a lot of money not having to buy in formula!:blush:

i plan to get that cream, will have to get round to going to get it soon.

I have lots of breast pads but i guess you can never have enough! thanks for the tip, i will get some :)

x

Hi K

Really glad to hear the feeding is going well now, I think a gain of 6-9 oz a week is great! Breastfed babies only take what they want and need at a feed and because the calorific and fat content of the feed varies due to the foremilk and hindmilk they don't have the same amount of calories at each feed whereas formula has the same amount of fat and calories the whole way through the bottle.

I researched into the booze in your milk when I had Olivia, I needed a glass of wine a night to help me chill out! The alcohol will be in your milk for as long as it's in your bloodstream so yes if you miss feeds do express the milk and bin it because you don't want your supply to drop from not feeding.
I used to feed Olivia then have my drink so I knew I had a couple of hours for it to get out of my system, I just made sure I was hydrated and had eaten as well.

Yeah If you want a drink either express your milk and feed it to her in a bottle. Or feed her before from the breast then have your drink. Once your breasts get full again. Pump & DUMP your milk...

Thanks ladies.

Lucy I thought i was the only one who liked to have a glass of wine at night!:hugs:After a stressful day nothing like a glass of rosé...

Oh absolutely! My MW told me to have 2 glasses a night! I think everyone should do what they feel comfortable with. Sometimes I would express some milk so DH could give O a bottle when she woke for a feed about 11 ish which meant I had about 7 hours of feed free time to enjoy some wine etc.
Looking back it wasn't that long until I could enjoy a really good few drinks and then when we went out for a bit night out I just left expressed milk - the only pain was the full boobs but you soon get good at hand expressing into a tissue in the loos!

i will be still getting the hang of it at xmas time, so i doubt i will get to have a drink :(

Really hope i can feed myself this time round, im so determind to do it more than ever, seeing what you have overcome Kx has really inspired me to give it ago and stick it out.

x

Layla hun thats what I had this time round too, determination. I kept saying, no matter what I wont be beaten!

Always here when the time comes if you need to vent or support.:hugs: The help Ive received on here has been invaluable, thanks to you all!xx

Lucy thats a good idea about tissue! Altho I havent had a night out in over a year and a half :blush:

xx

well when I was on a night out there's no way I wanted a breastpump being hauled out of my bag when they check your bag going into a club!

I can't wait for my first night out after this one is here, it wont be for a couple of months I'm sure - but that'll give me time to lose some weight as well!

Hi ladies! I was just reading about the pain some of you experienced during feeding. I recently saw something in the baby store called "nipple guards", did anyone use these during breast feeding or are they only for pumping?

Sorry if my question is crazy, I haven't taken my breastfeeding class yet so I know very little. :shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->