Christmas appeal boxes etc

R_x

Reaction score
Hi does anyone do any shoebox appeals or something similar for charity at Christmas time. Looking for some ideas.

Thanks

I buy a place, 2 if I can afford it, at crisis at Christmas x

We usually do the shoe box appeal through school. Last year Tesco ran a scheme where they hung names on a Xmas tree and you could select one to buy a gift- they were all local, vunerable people spending Xmas alone. The tags on the tree stated the first name and age. I picked 26 yr old James, made me really sad to see all the names and the ages ranged from 16 to 90 x

We always do a soldier christmas shoebox. Me and both girls fill our own. The kids draw pictures and add a note. We put in santa hats, treats, tinsel, mini xmas pudding etc. To me it has always been important to support them as my parents are both ex forces and without our troops we wouldn't have our freedom. I thank each and every service man and woman and am only sorry I cannot send more. My oldest DD actually looks forward to it every single year. Xx

We always do a soldier christmas shoebox. Me and both girls fill our own. The kids draw pictures and add a note. We put in santa hats, treats, tinsel, mini xmas pudding etc. To me it has always been important to support them as my parents are both ex forces and without our troops we wouldn't have our freedom. I thank each and every service man and woman and am only sorry I cannot send more. My oldest DD actually looks forward to it every single year. Xx

Do you have any links for this please? I did this a few years ago but haven't seen the link since to do it again x

I do an angel tree....child who is needy. This year I'm also doing the Santa Train, which is run by the local fire dept, where we donate and collect food and toys and then take them to underprivileged families. I volunteer in the community kitchen (feeding homeless) so I'm also trying to get together some care packages, mainly socks, hats, blankets, to give out there. There's always so much need out there it shouldn't be too hard to find something to do. Oh, and you can also contact the local schools to see if there are any needy children that you could help out. My mom does that and really enjoys it.

Oh the other thing I like to do that doesn't require much organisation is to go around my local area one evening near Christmas and hand out a few treats from the shop and some fivers to people sleeping rough, there are quite a lot on the high street which is only ten minutes walk away from me

We usually do the shoe box appeal through school. Last year Tesco ran a scheme where they hung names on a Xmas tree and you could select one to buy a gift- they were all local, vunerable people spending Xmas alone. The tags on the tree stated the first name and age. I picked 26 yr old James, made me really sad to see all the names and the ages ranged from 16 to 90 x

This is a really good idea! Also makes me sad thinking of people alone

Thanks for the link to the soldiers I was looking for one after I gave up on samartians purse a few years ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->