Christmas Baby

Logans_Mummy

Reaction score
Logan Alexander was born on 26-12-09 x

Logan was due on 24-12-09 so me and my dh, relaxed for the whole day waiting for any signs that he was on his way.

The 24th came and went and we enjoyed a good hearty christmas day cooked by the in-laws.

We were getting slightly impatient that our little bubba was already a day late so we decided to have :sex: at 5.45pm , much to my dh joy...since not having sex for 7 months!! (my decision-lmao)

10.20pm i was awoken by slight cramping, so went off to the bathroom to find i had a show... :thumbup:
We rang the hospital and she said to come in when the contractions are 5 mins apart...so we waited...and waited some more. :coffee:

At 5.03am i got my dh to ring the hospital back as the contractions were every 8 mins!!

Arrived at the hospital at 5.30am to be checked over to find that i was 5cm dilated :dohh: ...they let us stay in the "home room" as the ward was empty!!

Had to go to the toilet! Sat down and WHOOSH...my waters broke all over the floor...they were a bit green so i they kept an eye on us but baby was doing well.

8am came around and the midwife came to do her checks (7cm dilated) and give me some tea and toast, not that i could eat any due to constant contractions :dohh:

8.30am-Decided to get into birthing pool to give me some relief...pure heaven!

Contractions are now every 2-3 mins and im begging the midwifes to get him out...but still a way to go yet :growlmad:

11.00am got into bed and give in and ask for my first pain relief...gas & air...:cloud9:

Stay in bed, on gas and air till 3pm when its time to get back into the birthing pool, and midwife gives us bad news that if the baby isn't out by 4pm we will have to be transferred to a larger hospital as they might need to use the ventouse :cry: ...luckily another midwife came to check on me and said this baby definately going to be out by 3.30pm!!

After 5 huge pushes my gorgeous little boy was born weighing 8lbs 13oz!! On the plus side i only had to have 2 stitches!!

He Latched onto my breast straight away and is the best christmas present we could have asked for xx

Best day of my life xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->