Christmas Dinner Nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Anyone have anything funny to share about a dinner gone wrong?

I have to say that it's only been the past two years that I've hosted dinner. Last year I cooked the turkey upside down and also the stuffing came out dry. :(

none personally myself but my dad OMG

1st xmas at my grans house he blew up the carving knife while cutting the turkey :rofl:

2nd xmas at my nans house he was cutting the turkey and hit a bone only to find out it was the bone in his finger :dohh:

I've not ever cooked the meal, except for just me and Stan, the in-laws won't ever come over here to eat :shrug:

And we are now the visitors in Texas :rofl: Although it tends to be that everyone brings a few dishes

But my family has had it's disasters one year my sis cooked the turkey and it was extremely dry............no one said anything to her but her son heard some of us talking and decided to tell her :dohh: boy did we get into trouble

I cooked my first one last year for my family and the In laws
It all went great, well i am told it did as i had a little drink whilst cooking it and can't remember a great deal after it was served, only that i didn't eat any thing :blush:

I cooked my first one last year for my family and the In laws
It all went great, well i am told it did as i had a little drink whilst cooking it and can't remember a great deal after it was served, only that i didn't eat any thing :blush:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

My family live in North Scotland, and each year my Grandparents and Uncle go to my Mums for Christmas day and stay until boxing day. My grandparents always make the desserts, my Uncle makes starters and my Mum makes the main meal.

So about 10 years ago there was a MASSIVE overnight snowstorm and everyone was snowed in. Mum only got to eat a turkey, grandparents only got cakes and my uncle only got starters. They were snowed in for days too and there was nothing else to eat in their houses :rofl:

ohhhhhhhhh I thought of one. We use some of my grandparents old recipes for the cornbread dressing. And back in those days they didn't use measurements, so it was a lot of guesswork on my part. I couldn't get ahold of my mom because she was at work. Anyways the cornbread didn't rise at all, and I let the celery and onions cook to long. So the dressing was d ry and bitter tasting :rofl: according to Stan, I don't eat the stuff

My family live in North Scotland, and each year my Grandparents and Uncle go to my Mums for Christmas day and stay until boxing day. My grandparents always make the desserts, my Uncle makes starters and my Mum makes the main meal.

So about 10 years ago there was a MASSIVE overnight snowstorm and everyone was snowed in. Mum only got to eat a turkey, grandparents only got cakes and my uncle only got starters. They were snowed in for days too and there was nothing else to eat in their houses :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

when i was about 5, my mum was ill, so dad did more of the dinner than usual, and he put the microwave for too long and too high, the microwave blew up, and there was christmas pudding all over the walls for a month!!! haha! last time he helped out! lol! x

Can I just say that your LO has the most adorable cheeky smirk :rofl:

oops @ vickie!

:rofl: Blown up microwave, bet he never used one again :rofl:

Not personally at home but we did spend one Christmas art my moms family in Crotia in the country.

My Aunt went in the field and it was left to my uncle to slaughter the turkey who didn't know how because it's not 'his thing'.

He asked my dad how to do this :dohh: needless to say it was the first time my dad ever saw a living turkey and he suggested what seemed the most logical thing : cut the turkey's head off.

So they did.

BUT,the turkey was still alive and was running headless around the yard,freaking out! :rofl:
Apparently chickens and turkeys have strong nerves and to kill them you need to snap their necks.
Lesson learned :rofl:

great thread leeanne :)
rafwife - that really made me smile :)
not really a disaster but i always think of this - about 10years ago now, my gramps then 77 was all sitting round the table, all eating christmas dinner, me mum dad nan and gramps and gramps was sitting next to the christmas tree. well the cat was crying round a legs because of all the food and gramps being gramps lent over to feed the cat something, over reached and fell straight into the tree, sideways, his xmas hat from his cracker still on his head :rofl: we all couldn't stop laughing, after we checked he was ok, and we still laugh to this day. needless to say, we have now moved and gramps gets safely tucked away round the back of the table now we have james and now maddi, and is still going strong at 88! :)

Well this wasn't really a nightmare but it was really funny.

Last Christmas, DH and I were with my family. Since both my parents still work and get home pretty late, my mom just usually heats up ready made mashed potatoes by Country Crock. Well, she decided she was going to make her FAMOUS mashed potatoes - all was fine until...........my mother had to announce that she normally eats.....................

"Country COCK!" :dohh: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last Christmas, DH and I were with my family. Since both my parents still work and get home pretty late, my mom just usually heats up ready made mashed potatoes by Country Crock. Well, she decided she was going to make her FAMOUS mashed potatoes - all was fine until...........my mother had to announce that she normally eats.....................

oh bless her :dohh: :rofl:
reminds me of the time, not xmas related when my nan wanted a pinacalarda (cocktail drink) and asked for one of though 'penis things' :dohh:

oh bless her :dohh: :rofl:
reminds me of the time, not xmas related when my nan wanted a pinacalarda (cocktail drink) and asked for one of though 'penis things' :dohh:

:rofl::rofl:

2 christmas ago was DH and my FIRST Christmas as a married couple. we moved at the beginning of December...and it sucked! It sucked because the moving company was all like "ohh we cant deliver your furniture until the end of the holidays" so what happens? ya we stayed in a complete empty house for christmas just teh 2 of us (no friends as we just moved here)

i cooked christmas dinner in aluminum foil. also formed plates and such out of the foil as well!!! im surprised dinner still came out ok, but it wasnt easy! everything had to cook in the oven.

A few years back there was a power cut on Christmas day due to high winds. Dinner was half cooked and there was 21 of us waiting to be fed (we always do a massive family thing) We ended up having salad, sandwiches, crisps and dips but in all honesty we had a brilliant time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->