Christmas Eve box/traditions

fxmummyduck

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before!

Thinking of starting some of our own Christmas traditions including a box of things for Xmas eve. So far I've just got new pjs and a Christmas story to read, what else do you do? What other things can I put in the box?

Thanks!

We have the following in our box:

Christmas pj's (new each year)
A Christmas story (new each year)
A Christmas dvd (new and to watch Christmas Eve night)
A small treat to eat Christmas Eve night
Christmas stocking
Reindeer food
Santa magic key
Wishing coins (to leave in their stockings)
They each have a Christmas teddy and matching blanket which they are allowed from Christmas Eve until the decorations go away

Most of ours is old stuff that just comes out on Christmas Eve so not very exciting

We have
Matching PJs for all four of us
Christmas DVD
Christmas game (orchard toys game this year)
Christmas book
Magic key
Kinder Christmas eggs
Chocolate santas
We did have some milk straws but already started on them lol.

The only tradition we really have is a buffet for dinner (stemming from when we used to have a small party) and new pj's. This year however I'm going to do a box for the first time. So pj's, Snowman Bubble Bath, get santa dvd and Randomise Game.

It varies each year to what i find but always:
pjs
book
bubble bath/bath bomb
reindeer dust
sweets

I've done other stuff in the last but sometimes it gets wasted so may not bother this year this includes:
hot chocolate- they never drink it lol!
dvd- theres usually something on sky they wanna watch
activity books- does anyones kid actually sit and do these on xmas eve or are mine the only ones who are literally bouncing the walls
baking ingredients- aint nobody got time for that

I might get them some slippers this year though

we also do north pole breakfast on xmas eve morning which is christmassy themed sugar overload .... then i wonder why they are hyper all day lol i do it to myself :haha:

We're not doing a box as such this year as we're always so busy out and about xmas eve and never get to use all the stuff in it :( gutted really as I love putting it all together

This year I'm doing:
- a Christmas book each for bed time
-matching xmas pjs
- reindeer food

And then we'll do the usual leaving treats out for santa and Rudolph xx

We do it so the elf on the shelf leaves and a note saying we need to be all clean and fresh for santa.
So we put clean christmas bedding on the bed. Have a shower/bubble bath and then in the box ds gets...

*New pjs (we all have new pjs)
*New christmas film to watch christmas eve.
*playmobil 123 santa (same one each year)
*Night before christmas story (same one each year)
*Elf teddy (same each year)
*hot chocolate or a malt drink

So we get all clean watch the film with hot chocolate and read the story in bed. :thumbup:

For us thats plenty

We put in:
New pj's
Night before Christmas book
Magic key
Reindeer food
A dvd (although this year I'll put the Peppa Pig Christmas Dvd in for Scarlett in the day while I'm cleaning then choose a film on sky before bed)
Sweets
This year I bought a plate and mug for santa so that will be put in also.

I'm thinking of doing a new tradition for when the tree is up. I want them to have new pjs but want to get more wear out of them so will do it before Xmas eve. I'm just going to get a pict bag fur each and put new pjs, a soft toy each while they are young. Maybe something different next year for my eldest who us nearly 4. A Xmas book and maybe a sachet of hot choc for the eldest.

I thought it would be nice for the children to see the tree in the morning and see that there's a little something for them. I don't want to go too over the top because I think it all gets a bit much!

We usually let our daughter make up some traditions as we go. Neither me or my wife and much party people, but always enjoy our kid's games and ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->