Christmas Eve boxes

Rainbow82

Reaction score
Does anybody do one? Where did you buy the box? Also what do you put in it? Does anybody have any photos?
We'd like to do one for DS this year and thought it would be a nice way to also pack the elf on the shelf away for the year. So far we've though of new pjs, snowman dvd. Xmas book and a small treat.

Last year I just wrapped a cardboard box in wrapping paper. This year I've see a box in bnm OR I am going to make a crate (seen one in ikea but may not go there before xmas) Google Christmas Eve crate...could decorate it yourself and use it every year.

I have two DDs and I out the following in theirs
Pjs
Books (Christmas Peppa post)
Dvd (beauty and the best Christmas)
Board game (orchard toys Christmas surprise)
Blind bags
Christmas cup
Chocolate coins

Attachments

• IMG_0667.jpg
    IMG_0667.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 16
I got this Christmas eve box for this year! it's going to be the first year I've done it :)

Attachments

• christmas eve box.jpg
    christmas eve box.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 10
We did it last year. No pjs as Christmas pjs are worn for all of December. Ours had a board game (his Christmas present from us), a snowman bathbomb, a xmas movie on a USB stick shaped like a xmas stocking, sweet treats, a book, Santa's cup and plate, a magic bell that you ring to let Santa know you are going to sleep and a Christmas teddy. This year I'm going to buy a really nice Christmas stocking and put that in there too for DS to hang up before bed.

https://i63.tinypic.com/wapxkw.png

I got one from notonthehighstreet-similar to babyv's one. Am putting in a book-jolly xmas postman this year-and pjs. When she's older will add film and treat.

Here is ours-we just use a Christmas gift box. We always include a letter from the elves, some chocolate treats, reindeer food, a xmas book and DVD.
On Friday I found giant Christmas kinder eggs in Tesco!!

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3
I used an amazon box wrapped in Christmas paper last year. I do one box for the 3 girls, with jammies, couple of xmas books, dvd, chocolates, santas key, reindeer food and a small toy each x

We don't do a Christmas Eve box, but we do have a tradition. They get to open two presents. One present is always pajamas with a soft throw blanket, slippers, or stuffed animal, etc.Second present is a small toy, small present from under the tree that I choose for them to open. We also watch National Lampoon's Christmas every Christmas Eve, the movie is mainly for me and husband though.

Thanks everyone, some great ideas and some gorgeous boxes. I love the idea of buying a box for us to decorate, the dvd is definitely still more for me and OH than DS but think he will love the book. I like the idea of a bath bomb too for us and maybe some bath crackles or mouldable soap for DS to have on his bath. I just love the idea of starting a new tradition.

We use a beer crate for each kid. I got them from the pounshop last year and painted them. They have pj's, slippers, socks, a dvd, snacks, reindeer food , cookie mix, bath bombs, I used to do snowman soup but noone likes hot chocolate except me so won't bother again. Kids get one each and me and OH share one, with pj's, snacks, beer for OH, and a drink for me.

I've never bought a Christmas Eve box though perhaps I should! DD gets jammies, a selection pack or some sweeties, hot chocolate but she only likes white hot chocolate, bath bomb or bubble bar and this year she loves books so I've bought her the grinch who stole Christmas as she loves Dr Suess. We also pick out a film to watch on Christmas Eve

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->