Christmas Eve spread - help me decide

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
MIL is taking care of Christmas day breakfast and dinner and I'm doing dinner on Christmas Eve, and a dessert after dinner on Christmas day.

I don't have an oven at the moment so we've decided to go with grazing foods, and any leftovers can be put out and nibbled on at midday on Christmas as there's no actual lunch plan.
DH is making sushi, and I'm making devilled eggs and a charcuterie board. But I need help deciding between a charcutewreath and a charcuteritree. Pics for inspiration. I don't have exactly the same things to put out so mine won't be same

Screenshot_20221221-202915.png Screenshot_20221221-143725.png

I’m no help as I love both.

Reactions: NDH
The wreath looks more presentable, organised and prettier to look at.

I'm going against the others and say tree.

Both are amazing though

Both look amazing! So I would go with the one that you think will be easiest!

My sister and DD1 both say wreath lol

Now I want to make one but won't be anything fancy like that.

I think the wreath is my favourite too (I love those salami roses), but DH says the tree is more specific for Christmas as the wreath could be any time . But since my board is rectangular the tree is probably. Better use of space I've realised.

But taking Smarties comment about the tree not looking as presentable and organised as the wreath I've found a different inspiration pic that is less messy (and still incorporates the salami rosettes I love). This also has more of the elements I have to make mine with, which will make it easier for me to recreate.

Screenshot_20221222-082232.png

Also, I can arrange the sushi into a wreath

Last edited:
I like all the ideas and I think it will look lovely as a tree! :)

I’d go for a wreath because there is no way my unartistic self could do a tree shape :haha:
Both looks yummy though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"