Christmas Eve traditions

We usually watch something Christmassy. This year we will watch the Snowman.
Then Holly leaves out a mince pie and milk for Santa :cloud9:

Freshly washed bedsheets, new pyjamas and we all watch the Muppet Christmas Carol before kids go to bed x

Me and the kids normally go up to my mums for a couple hours but this year OH is off work so we are staying at home, my parents will call down to see us instead.
The kids will have their Christmas eve box around mid afternoon and we will have a Chinese takeaway for tea.
Bath and in new pj's after tea then watch a Christmas film, leave the treats out for santa then a story in bed.

Collecting the turkey
New jimjams
New bedding
Christmas eve bags
leaving a beer out for Santa ;)
Oh and I getting to open one gift each

No particular traditions as not always at same place but we usually have Chinese for dinner and the girls get their Christmas eve bags.

Also putting the things out for santa - mince pie etc.

I've always gone to my aunt's to watch her family open gifts and eat. I started doing this before having dd since I didn't have anything to do and just continued after having dd bc I couldn't think of anything else to do! Thought about changing it up this year but no idea what and then thought it might be boring with just the 2 of us (I'm single) so IDK. Anyway, after we finish at her house it's dd's bedtime so we just come home and I put her in bed.

Always clean bedding and pyjamas
Make and leave out something for Santa

Going to do a special Christmas Eve breakfast this year (new idea). Girls will get their Christmas Eve box left by the elf. Will spend the day playing, watching films, eating and preparing for the big day.....IF I ever feel better!

Fresh bedding, exams eve boxes in the morning. Finish baking, finish tidying, new pj's from the Xmas eve box, kids have a bath, eat while we watch a movie. Answer " how long till bedtime?! " eleventy billion times. Once the kids are in bed me and OH prep veg, lay out the gifts, wrap door and finally collapse into bed.

Open Christmas Eve box in the morning that has new jammies, book, treat and movie. Watch movie and have treat in late morning/early afternoon. Before nap, we read the Christmas Story from Luke. Naptime this year falls during church service so we will probably skip this time. After nap head to my BILs for games, swimming, presents and dinner for a few hours. Bath and bed once we get home (they only live 10 minutes away so it's not a long drive). We read The Night Before Christmas together before bed.

We do Xmas eve box and sprinkling reindeer food in the garden before bed. Also leave milk, mince pie and carrot out for Santa and rudolph

First year for us. We have a Xmas eve box with new jim jams and the Jolly Xmas Postman to read. Then leaving things out for Father Xmas. I think next year we might be able to do a short film like the Snowman and hot choc!

First year hubby is off work so not sure but I want to take a drive around to see some Christmas lights. We do xmas eve box with movie, activity, book, pjs. Leave out cookie and drink for Santa.

New Christmas pjs, book and soft toy for kids. Leaving out a mince pie for Father Christmas. Christmas films and stories etc. The day is spent cooking mostly. I like to have a xmas ham and beef done to have cold over the coming days.

We will make all the deserts for Christmas day and I will also bake the cornbread for the cornbread dressing. We watch Santa fly around the world on the computer and in the evening the kids get to open one gift (traditionally a new Christmas book from us) and we will sprinkle out reindeer food for the reindeer before bed. We also do either a gingerbread house or a sugar cookie star tree for the kids to decorate. And hopefully we can fit in a Christmas movie to!

Our only standing tradition us Christmas Eve boxes with new jammies, treats for the day, activities etc. left by the departing elf that morning. We usually make biscuits for Santa but going to do this Friday instead as it was a bit rushed last year as went out for lunch with friends & are doing the same this year.
Then a special bath that night before scattering the reindeer food, leaving the magic key and leaving a drink/biscuits for Santa.
Once the presents are all laid out, me & DH have some nibbles, a few drinks and watch some tele!

We always make fresh cookies for Santa in the afternoon. Usually order Chinese but thinking maybe just doing sandwiches this year. And then head to church for a family friendly service and to visit with friends there for a bit. Come home after that and put the kids to bed after they leave out cookies for Santa. Then DH and I wrap and put together the Santa presents, fill stockings and drink mulled wine while watching a Christmas movie (usually "It's a Wonderful Life").

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->