Christmas hot drinks...

Missbb2591

Reaction score
Random post but what are your favourite Christmassy hot drinks?

Mine has to be the Black Forest got chocolate from costa I wait alllllll year for them to come out.

Mine has to be the Black Forest got chocolate from costa I wait alllllll year for them to come out.

The black forest hot choc is OHs fave. Only time he drinks hot chocolate. I love the costa christmas special drinks. Any appart from the black forrest. The millionairs one is the best. Other than that, any hot chocolate is a winner at christmas if it comes with whipped cream and marshmallows.

I love all the high street Christmas coffees/hot chocs. Plus of course mulled wine. And I make amazing eggnog at home and drink it hot with or without a shot in (without this year, haha).

The black forest hot choc is OHs fave. Only time he drinks hot chocolate. I love the costa christmas special drinks. Any appart from the black forrest. The millionairs one is the best. Other than that, any hot chocolate is a winner at christmas if it comes with whipped cream and marshmallows.

Ha my OH loves the millionaires hot choc but I’m not a fan it’s too sweet for me.

I love all the high street Christmas coffees/hot chocs. Plus of course mulled wine. And I make amazing eggnog at home and drink it hot with or without a shot in (without this year, haha).

I wouldn’t have the first clue how to make eggnog! I’m not sure I’ve ever had it!

I love a gingerbread latte. Not always with the cream though I find it a bit sickly sweet.
Am yet to try the millionaire hot choc, it sounds yummy but every time I’ve been to Costa so far I’ve been in desperate need of coffee so have had gingerbread latte with extra coffee shots instead :haha:
May treat myself and OH this weekend if we’re out and about doing any shopping.

My fave is plain old hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. Can't beat it in my opinion. Yum!

I had a Costa black forest hot chocolate for the first time last week. It was yummy 😀

I also like just plain hot chocolate, especially with cream on.

I love a gingerbread latte. Not always with the cream though I find it a bit sickly sweet.
Am yet to try the millionaire hot choc, it sounds yummy but every time I’ve been to Costa so far I’ve been in desperate need of coffee so have had gingerbread latte with extra coffee shots instead :haha:
May treat myself and OH this weekend if we’re out and about doing any shopping.

I usually love gingerbread lattes but now I’m pregnant I can’t stomach them it’s odd, I was the same with pumpkin spice lattes they are usually my absolute fav but couldn’t cope with them this year! I’m sure it’ll go back to normal next year.

I wouldn’t have the first clue how to make eggnog! I’m not sure I’ve ever had it!

I hadn't either till two years ago, can't remember why I decided to google it but I tried a bunch of recipes and ended up perfecting my own out of a combination of them -

For 2 large mugs worth I do 2 cups of milk plus a bit extra in a saucepan with three heaped tablespoons of sugar. I heat it and whisk till the sugars dissolved (takes less than a minute), then I beat 2 eggs in a bowl, take the pan off the heat and quickly pour the beaten egg in while furiously whisking (if you don't do it quickly you end up with scrambled egg in your drink :haha: although even if this happens I just strain it through a sieve, I don't chuck it!). I whisk it for maybe a minute? Then I add a sprinkling of ground nutmeg give it another good whisk and that's it!

The whole thing takes about 2 minutes. It's amazing with a shot of rum in but almost as good without. Sometimes I only want one mug so I just do it with one cup of milk, 1 egg and 1.5 tbsp sugar.

I actually think you're meant to serve it chilled! But I think Christmas drinks should be hot right?! Plus doing it my way actually cooks the egg, not that I avoid raw egg but if someone didn't want the egg raw.

My fave is plain old hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows. Can't beat it in my opinion. Yum!

I also thought this until I ran out of marshmallows and sprinkled crispy m&ms (you know the ones in the blue packet) on my whipped cream instead. Oh my life. They're light enough not to sink through the cream but when they do come into contact with the hot chocolate they go melty and amazing 😍 I now routinely buy them for this purpose!

I hadn't either till two years ago, can't remember why I decided to google it but I tried a bunch of recipes and ended up perfecting my own out of a combination of them -

For 2 large mugs worth I do 2 cups of milk plus a bit extra in a saucepan with three heaped tablespoons of sugar. I heat it and whisk till the sugars dissolved (takes less than a minute), then I beat 2 eggs in a bowl, take the pan off the heat and quickly pour the beaten egg in while furiously whisking (if you don't do it quickly you end up with scrambled egg in your drink :haha: although even if this happens I just strain it through a sieve, I don't chuck it!). I whisk it for maybe a minute? Then I add a sprinkling of ground nutmeg give it another good whisk and that's it!

The whole thing takes about 2 minutes. It's amazing with a shot of rum in but almost as good without. Sometimes I only want one mug so I just do it with one cup of milk, 1 egg and 1.5 tbsp sugar.

I actually think you're meant to serve it chilled! But I think Christmas drinks should be hot right?! Plus doing it my way actually cooks the egg, not that I avoid raw egg but if someone didn't want the egg raw.

Going to have to try that it sounds amazing!

Im really fussy with my hot chocs. From being 2 maybe less then that i had hot chocoate every morning and every night even when i was like 16 my nan still made me it. It was always the cadburys one you heat the milk and then add the powder in not the ones you just add water, they are vile!
I wouldnt drink any other but the past couple of years ive branched out slightly i like the ones in wetherspoons and the costa ones. Im loving the costa mint one atm ive been getting free ones with my wuntu app! Tried the millionaires one it wasnt for me, really sickly and sweet.

Other then that im not keen on other christmassu drinks.

I also thought this until I ran out of marshmallows and sprinkled crispy m&ms (you know the ones in the blue packet) on my whipped cream instead. Oh my life. They're light enough not to sink through the cream but when they do come into contact with the hot chocolate they go melty and amazing 😍 I now routinely buy them for this purpose!

OMG, crispy M&Ms are my favourite! Got some in the cupboard... guess what I’m doing tomorrow!

Im really fussy with my hot chocs. From being 2 maybe less then that i had hot chocoate every morning and every night even when i was like 16 my nan still made me it. It was always the cadburys one you heat the milk and then add the powder in not the ones you just add water, they are vile!
I wouldnt drink any other but the past couple of years ive branched out slightly i like the ones in wetherspoons and the costa ones. Im loving the costa mint one atm ive been getting free ones with my wuntu app! Tried the millionaires one it wasnt for me, really sickly and sweet.

My OH drinks hot choc just made with water it’s so weird :haha: I always make mine with milk!

I’m all about flavoured hot chocolates, mint is my favourite:)

My OH drinks hot choc just made with water it’s so weird :haha: I always make mine with milk!

I think having made them with milk for so long i can taste the difference lol! The instant ones taste so watered down

I haven’t had the Cadbury’s one that you make with milk for years! Used to have that as a kid at my grandparents and it was soooo creamy and lovely. I must buy some!

Mocha and Bailey's with whipped cream for me. Boring I know lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->