Christmas in the closet?

Amygdala

Reaction score
Anyone else spending Christmas with family who don't know you're pregnant yet? We're not telling family until we've told our kids, so we'll wait until safely in second trimester. I've been feeling a bit rough these past two weeks though and I'm really not looking forward to spending a whole day pretending I'm fine. And cooking! Oh the food odours! Wish I could go to bed and nap until Boxing Day. :cry:

Me. I'm 9+6. I'm currently at my parents in law for Christmas who don't know. I'm sure they thing I'm gaining a lot of weight as I have but I doubt they expect a pregnancy as I'm still BF my baby and they knew we were done. This morning I had to race to the bathroom and spew. I can't wait to go home.

Yep. Right there with you. My heavy drinking parents roll into town on Saturday for 4 days. I'm planning to do a lot of fake drinking and pretending I don't feel like vomiting at all times.

Oh my word, that sounds tough. I'm lucky that I often don't drink anyway, so people probably won't notice. And at least I get to stay in my own home. Wondering whether to fake a migraine so I can still have a lie-down if required. But lying on Christmas Day? Not sure what Santa would say...

Aw, that sounds like a perfect moment. Here's it's grandchild no. 3 and 5 respectively, so probably less of an emotional reaction when we do tell. In fact, I'm slightly apprehensive about reactions because I don't think anyone really expected us to have a third.

Me! And we've been having family Christmas parties left and right and I have to find ways to sneak around all the drinking! So wish my oh would let me tell, this is so hard

Yup. MC last month so waiting longer this time. My aunt even asked us to bring wine yesterday. I started antibiotics for my acne this week so I just told everyone I couldn't drink because of that, which is sort of true. It's recommended to not mix the two. My mom is in the beginning stages of a neuro degenerative illness and decided to hitchhike 120 miles home yesterday. Stressful to say the least. I'm 6 weeks pregnant now, and began bleeding at 7 weeks last time. I tried not to get too stressed yesterday, but that didn't work. I actually woke up last night because my breasts are so tender though, and they had stopped hurting at this point last time. I'm taking that as a good sign.

Theiska, I wouldn't worry about being stressed. Sure, it much nicer for you if you're calm but being stressed won't hurt your baby. Sounds like you're having a pretty tough time though. Do you have help looking after your mum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->