Christmas presents for 4 month old

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
Just realised my DS2 will be around 4 months old at Christmas. What on earth do I buy a 4 month old?
Rio was 6 months old, I can't even remember what I got him. Heaps of age inappropriate stuff I think, which left us with limited choice for his first birthday so I don't want to do that.

B was 4 months old her first christmas. I dont remember the little things we got her but her big present was her jumperoo which although she didnt use until she was 6 months was the best 'big present' we could think of.

DD was the same age her first xmas and we got her a jumperoo, she absolutely loved it and was able to use it straight away with a pillow under her feet. DS is the same age now and we have just bought him one too. Id recc the Fisher price jumperoo or the baby einstein activity bouncer.

Id also buy some things he will in to within the next few months such as a shape sorter, activity table, hide and squeak eggs etc i wouldn't go crazy tbh as most of it is lost on them at that age.

Thomas was 4.5 months old and I got a mixture of clothes along with toys for him to grow into. I got a few rattles and such for him to play with at the time.

I feel a bit mean now but for my DD's first christmas she was 5 months old and we got her a couple of small toys (rattle and rain stick as I recall) and some next size clothes. I know the rest of the family got her loads of things but we thought it was a bit of a waste really. She had no idea.

Re-wrap some things you gave to your first! I did that and mine was 10mths at Christmas... they don't know or care!

I would probably get some clothes and maybe a toy that could be used a few months down the line :)

From my experience the second child skips stages of toys, she always wanted what her sister had/has. She never wanted to play with the plastic musical things, she wanted the happyland! Even now they are both older it's hard thinking of things for the younger one that her sister hasn't already had.
My girls were both 3 months old for their first Christmases and we got them the usual shape sorter, soft toys, walker and I also got some personalised bits for their room. Alphabet train spelling their name, bookends, clock, nightlight.

My second was 6 months on boxing day last year and we got a few toys to grow into - fisher price princess push along, picnic sharing toy and bath toys, our youngest will be 5 months and we'll do similar.

My daughter was 3 weeks old on her first Christmas Eve and we bought her a jumperoo for her main present and then got her some outfits etc for her other presents. And cos her brother was almost 4 on her first Christmas we did her a stocking (I thought he would've questioned why she didn't have one lol) and put dummies and a beaker, spoons and a bowl, ready for when she started weaning xx

I just got DS some small board books, a couple of teethers, and a couple of wooden toys of some kind. I think he got clothes from family.

I don't remember with DD, I think we got them both a wooden kitchen and stuff, she was pulling up maybe even walking by them (she was a May baby). I got her some books as well.

Leon was 3.5 months, we got him a ball pit, Santa got some cool shaped balls to fill it. That was more or less it. We had a car full from family though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->