Christmas presents for 5yr old boy

bluebird11

Reaction score
Hi ladies, am really struggling with what to get my son for Christmas. He's five and won't be six until May next year, and apart from getting him a new bike we're completely stumped. The only things he's asked for is the air hoggs helicopter or racing car and the Spiderman shoot real web glove.

I was thinking of getting the zoomer Dalmatian from smyths but it's so expensive and I don't know how good it is. Any suggestions please?

I have 5 year old girl so these are general age ideas. I would suggest Lego, craft sets, costumes, dvds, play doh or kinetic sand, programme related stuff for favorate stuff on tv, board games (hungry hippo and bunny bounce are firm favorate here) scooter, tablet or game thing ( we got the tech innotv for my daughter for Christmas that's when we got went down to £20

My 5 year old boy has asked for practically everything he has seen advertised on tv this year. At the minute I'm thinking of getting him:

A new bike
New avengers costumes (as he's old ones are getting too small)
A new football kit
New football boots and a decent football
A play dough set (probably drill and fill dentist)
A game that can play
Some avengers Lego (probably just a small one)
He's obsessed with one direction as well so I'm getting him some of their early albums which are cheap on Amazon
I'm trying to get him to understand the days of the week at the minute so ive brought him a set of 7 books each with a different story for each day

Then all 3 of my boys will have a present consisting of new clothes and another present consisting of new pj's

My DS is 5 in December, he has asked for -

A bike
Nerf Guns
Remote control helicopter
Military Toys
Playmobil Porsche

I have got him a 2DS, he hasn't asked for it but I know he will love it. I am really struggling with ideas this year.

My 5 year old is getting

Lego police station
Transformers
Hulk Lego
Pirate playmobil
Games - not sure which ones exactly yet but thinking about classics like guess who, frustration etc.
Some books
Jigsaw puzzle

My five year old wrote his list last week:

Lola puppy
Candy Floss(!)
Imaginext Power Rangers playset
Minions Operation game
Imaginext Joker House (he already has this but wants the updated one)
Imaginext Hall of Justice
Minecraft stuff
Lego
Play Doh
My Fairy Garden
Roller Skates
Microscope

I'm getting ds1 Lego train, puzzles, books, junior cluedo, where's wally and a remote control car. I would say he's quite a 'sheltered' 5 yr old though and watches mostly babyish tv, isn't aware of pop culture etc

DS1 is 5 (6 in April) and he is pretty much getting Star Wars Lego, Star Wars toys (e.g. Mashers) and lots of Lego Dimensions!

Anything imaginext or Lego is a huge hit here!

Almost 6 list contains
Lego Star Wars,
Thunderbirds
Transformers

We have added scalxectric, (I'm not sure if it is for him or Dad), books.
I feel we have been scrapping the barrel with ideas this year, I know he would really love some of the really big Lego sets but I also know that would mean me building it.

Lego (not sure which set/s yet)
Playmobil police van
Playmobil police station
Scooter
Nerf crossbow thing (all of DS's friends are obsessed with Nerf guns, I really don't want to get him a gun toy but a crossbow feels a bit better :dohh:)
Crocodile dentist
Uno

My lo was the same age last year, the things that he's actually played with from last year are:
Hot wheels
Superhero Mashers
Lego
Tablet
Dress Up Costumes

My son will be 5 in January and I'm struggling for ideas this year. So far all I've got him some power rangers stuff (a costume, blaster gun, sword and a megazord) and a Real FX starter set (like scaletrix without the slots - only £34.99 in argos just now which is a bargain). He's just asked for a ninja turtle costume so that'll be going on the list. My mum has got him some playmobil pirate sets, a robosapien, and a blade builder lightsaber set - these were all things on my list but she was looking for ideas so I let her steal them lol.

Imaginext and playmobil have been the biggest hits at 5 here. And little squidgy things like squinkies, fungus amungus, uglees pet shop.

Lego, imaginext and star wars mashers
Also more disney infinity characters and lego dimensions
Main presents are a bike each and football net

Aww thanks all! Lots of great ideas there and think I'm now on the right track

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe