christmas with IBS...

I

immimx

HELLO!
so i suffer with ibs, and im wondering what to avoid at christmas.
particularly the xmas meal as i dont want to spend my day with beely ache and bloating.
are there any fellow ibs sufferes who know what in particular to avoid on the day?
thanks

It depends what foods trigger your bloating. I know for me it's almost all dairy products so milk, cheese and ice cream i will try to avoid or have a tiny portion instead of stuffing my face :haha: xx

Do you have any idea what triggers you? I have IBS, though I don't tend to bloat - my worst symptom is pain, followed by diarrhoeia.

Common triggers include fat, caffeine, alcohol, and insoluble fibre. I am careful about how much fat I have in one sitting, don't have caffeine (except the small amount in chocolate), have only a small glass of wine with dinner and eat soluble fibre with and in greater amounts than insoluble. Soya also triggers me, but that doesn't tend to come up at Christmas!

I also drink a high volatile oil peppermint tea which helps, and sometimes chamomile tea.

think ill invest in some peppermint and not drink much wine? we have damson gin at xmas? its very sweet though.
im not 100% sure what triggers me, some times fat, dairy, bread, coffee, it seems like it changes! so i just never have too much of anything, but sometimes that doesnt work either!
i think i should just try to avoid the worst culprits... bread, pastry and oily/fatty food.
thankyou for the help!

I find insoluble fibre triggers me the most so I try to avoid that as much as possible (mostly wholegrains and stuff). I also avoid most fatty things and too much caffeine, which can also mess with my acid reflux too, so I stick to things like soluble fibres etc with meat and some good veg.

Peppermint tea is meant to help I think, I drink chamomile which doesn't trigger me and works well..

Try not to have too much chocolate :p

If it's playing up too much apparently colofac really helps, my friend swears by it and I just got some from the doctor but I haven't started it yet!

My triggers are dairy (lactose intolerant) and white wheaty things so try and avoid as much as possible, also sprouts and parsnips etc tend to give me bad wind so only have a few x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->