• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Church is booked! Now.. I need some help ladies!

Kizzy454

GsyMummy
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So im getting married next year! Its at the end of april.

1. When do i send out save the dates?
2. Ditto for invites?

Also i really want turquoise blue for the colour as i feel its a nice spring colour.. i cant find anything of the same colour

Ill find a dress then look for a waistcoat and they look completely different! I no i still have a while but we need to get things moving and kind of buy as we go as its a budget wedding...

Any ideas? websites etc?

Tar ladies :flower:

Were having a sort of budget wedding too :) Getting married Feb next year. I've sent out my save the dates. I have a wedding box, and I've got my wedding book in there (my place to write important things/phone numbers/spending etc), a folder with receipts in and any other weddingy stuff. I've booked photographer, church, venue, suits and booking my cake next week. Organised my invitations and bought my favours. I will admit I am VERY organised (we got engaged Xmas day) but were also having a baby in 4 weeks.
Its very fun but I would try to be careful what you tell others about your day as people feel they have a right to tell you what you should/shouldn't have and make comments etc.
Good Luck and enjoy it :) xx

I sent out my save the dates a year in advance!
Invites we will be sending out 3 months before hand!

We are having pastel pink and turquoise as our colours but its mainly pink with hints of turquoise! I know what you mean about the colour being different at different places but I have to say I've found that problem with most colours especially pastel pink!

Work out your budget and then work out what's the most important to you and then what's not very important, that way you can spend on what's important and cut back or cut out what your not bothered about!

eBay is amazing for sure!

Cheers girls. I'm doing my own cake. Making all my own invites save the dates name cards and centre pieces lol
Writing all the prices down and paying it off monthly :) xxx

I didn't make my save the dates but already started making my invites n stuff. Also doing 1 of my cakes (were having 2) xx

For bridesmaid's dresses in turquoise have you tried those multiway dresses that you can get in any colour? https://www.inoneclothing.com/product/multiway-bridesmaid-dress/#

https://www.twobirdsbridesmaid.co.uk/dress/classic They're a little pricey but considering that they're about 20 dresses in one I think they're worth it! I think that Debenhams also have a service where they make any dress in any colour if you choose from their selection of designs.

As for Save the Dates, send them out ASAP, invites probably two months before?

If you get really stuck finding turquoise things then white or cream can look just as nice but with small turquoise touches, sashes on dresses for example.

I've found some sashes on eBay I could use. We don't have a debenhams but I'm thinking a trip to the uk may be needed. Ill start making my save the dates then :) x

I sent out my save the date cards just under a year before the wedding. Invites will be going out 4 months before :thumbup:

We sent STDs about 8/9 months before the day. Invites we'll send with 2/3 months to go. It all depends on your day really. Are you having a weekday/weekend wedding? Does it fall on a public holiday? How far and how many people have to travel? If its a weekend and everyone you want to invite are only 20 minute up the road then you might not need to send invites so early. 4-6 weeks is the "recommended" time to send them. But if you've got people who have to travel and subsequently have to arrange accommodation then it might be useful to them to have plenty of notice. We made a wedding website and included that on our STD cards, so although we were only notifying people at that point those that need to make plans could go on the website for a bit more info :thumbup:

As for colours, have you thought about having a 'group' of colours? So instead of all in the exact same turquiose you could have a mix of shades (and possibly other greens/teals/blues). It would eliminate the need to match the colours 100%, but it totally depends on the type of wedding you're having :)

PS - Congratulations on booking the church and setting he date

Haha mummy may I was the same don't worry ;)

I'm thinking different shades may be the way to go! The only people having to travel for the wedding is FIL and my Aunty etc we live on an island so everything is close :) will send the save the dates in April an invites end of dec as I want the meal choices lol gunna do the evening do as a Facebook event hahaha xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->