Cinnamon?

catielove

TTC w/ PCOS- med free
Reaction score
I heard from a friend who also has PCOS that cinnamon can be a natural alternative to metformin. I'm trying to stay away from prescription drugs for as long as possible, so I picked some up to try out.

It says on the bottle "do not take while pregnant." And I'm wondering if it's just because they're not sure of what the reaction to cinnamon is in a pregnant woman, or if it's like legit really bad for a pregnant woman. My friend thinks that they just don't know how it could react, but I wanted to see if anyone else had thoughts or if you've taken it before?

I would stop taking it as soon as I found out I was preggers, of course, but I didn't know if I should try only taking it CD1-Ov just to be safe, or if I can take it until I get a BFP. :)

I never heard of it before. Just a spoon full of honey sprinkled with cinnamon daily could help. More of a natural way I guess.

I have actually heard that pregnant women should stay away from honey while pregnant, since it induces labour, therefor, maybe resulting in a miscarriage.
Also stay away from all kinda nuts while preggers to prevent allergies in ur baby.

^That nut thing... that's realllllly false. lol. If eating nuts could cause allergies in your baby, what's to say other common allergens couldn't do the same? (Eggs, dairy, soy, gluten, etc.)

As for the cinnamon, 1000mg is less than half a teaspoon. (finally found something on google!) So I would imagine you'd ingest more eating a piece of cinnamon toast in the morning. But I'll stop taking it when I get a BFP none the less. :)

Never heard anything about honey, though.

I know cinnamon thins the blood, if you take too much you'll get nose bleeds. Though I know a little bit of cinnamon is good for you :) Like I find if I make a spice tea including cinnamon it gets rid of headaches. I don't know if this helps you or not .. I'm kinda just rambling here:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->