CIO (it does work)

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
I think I posted before about Dec having sleep issues, well not anymore:happydance:
It all started about 3 weeks ago, all of a sudden he was screaming when we put him to bed, we didnt understand what was going on as he has been going to bed by himself since he was 2 months and been in his own room from 4 months with no problems, apart from teething. Well 3 weeks ago he wouldnt settle unless me or OH was with him so we thought nothing of it and just waited with him, well it went from bad to worse, he started waking in the night to have us with him, so last Sunday I said enough is enough and decided to let him CIO, the first night was heart breaking he was standing in his little cot calling mum, mum, mum while he was crying and he cried so much he made himself sick, but I didnt give in an 1/2 hour later he was asleep, on Monday night he cried but no sick and was asleep within 20 mins, Tuesday night cried a bit but asleep within 10 mins, wednesday night just a little whimper and asleep within 10 mins, then last night put him into bed he waved at me and said nigh-nigh:cloud9: and lay talking to teddy and then fell asleep.
So for anyone out there thinking of using the CIO method I would highly Recc. it, it is heartbreaking for a night or 2, On the first night I was crying with him:blush: but it worked within 3-4 nights. :happydance:

Wow,that first night sounds heartbreaking. It must of been terrible for you. Glad it worked for you. How old is he now?

Wow,that first night sounds heartbreaking. It must of been terrible for you. Glad it worked for you. How old is he now?

The first night was awful, when I lifted him to change him when he got sick I just wanted to take him back out with me, but I fought hard. He is 15 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->