Circumcision- Necessary or Not?

without reading everyone elses comments--- i'd say go for it --- it's definitely more sanitary and prevents bacteria and stuff from getting under the foreskin and causing infections-- in the u.s. i think the majority of people get it done---and i had my lil boy's done the day after he was born--- it took the doc barely five min. and said that it doesnt hurt them much---and of course u dont have to be there when they do it--if you dont want to--- where i had my son they take them and do it in a sterilized room and of course they numb them up down there real good so they dont get much discomfort if any and they give them a lil bit of sugar water when they do it to calm them down or something --- when they brought him back a half hour later i was surprised they were done so fast --- and he came back asleep and everything ---and didnt seem really bothered by it at all --- of course i was more nervous about it hurting him than i needed to be cause he came back calm and all that --- and they did a really good job of it too

Can't the area just be washed thoroughly like other body parts.??????

I'm not Jewish or Muslim so Nae from me.

I posted earlier, but have since had my boy. OH and I both decided to get it done. So far the penis and everything is fine, however, since here it is only a "sanitary" procedure (not a 'sterile' one) so they only wore gloves, etc, he ended up getting a staff infection around that area. It is going away now, but we have had to rub cream on him.
It hasn't changed my opinion on it though. If we ever had another boy I believe we would have him circumcised aswell.

I am not sure what I am having but in the event that I have a boy my doc told me to think about whether or not I would want him circumcised. My family is all women so this is not exactly a topic I have come across before. I hear a lot of pros and cons when it comes to circumcision...so I'm quite confused. If it's not too personal, anyone care to share their thoughts behind it?

Infant circumcision is a non-therapeutic amputative operation that removes sexually sensitive tissue from the penis.

There are no medical indications for this operation, which never is necessary!

Baby boys who are NOT circumcision are easier to care for and easier to start breastfeeding. Non-circumcision is better in every way!

Check your insurance. Some insurance does NOT pay for non-therapeutic infant circumcision, so you may have to pay for it out of pocket if you decide on circumcision.

Wow, I must be naive. I thought it was common practice in many places to get circumsized. My mom said my dad wasn't but my brother was. I was told it is better for cleaning purposes as well. DH is circumsized and I've never been with anyone else. I wonder if I'm missing out on something...heheh:blush:

The United States is about the only place where so many babies are circumcised for non-religious reasons. Many countries think it is unnecessary and injurious and so they don't do it.

i wonder y its common in the USA and not in the UK ??? i would not let a little baby have it dpne but if later on in life they wanted remove when there wer 18plus for example i would let them mke the decision why should u take it away frm then at such early age is it to please everyone else coz they have had it done?????

The British National Health Service (NHS) only does circumcisions when there is a medical indication. There is NO medical indication for neonatal circumcision so they don't do it.

Also, many British doctors view removal of part of the penis of a child to be unethical and they won't do it.

Here in the U.S. it is much less common than formerly. For example, out in the state of Washington only 24 percent of the newborn boys are circumcised. I think that is the lowest in the U.S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->