Circumcision

Am i the only person here who wouldnt actually notice the difference???? My OH hasnt been "cut" but I really dont think I would notice if it was????

And as for smelling???? Ewwwww! He washes in the shower every day and it definately doesnt smell, If he had to clean it with a q-tip id be worried!x

I can honestly say, my OH is uncut. He doesn't smell. I've never noticed a smell, ever. & he manages just fine with a normal wash...

I really don't like the idea of unnecessarily surgery, lo has to have surgery soon for an un-descended teste and I feel awful enough that he has to have it done let alone something avoidable, it's a grey area though because what about people who's religion states you have to have it done? I think it's one of those things that you wouldn't want it outlawed for it to end up being done illegally by back door surgeons.

While I agree I wouldn't want it outlawed because of the risks of it being done by people who aren't professionals as that makes it more dangerous, I am starting to think that the religious basis isn't good as personally I don't think I have the right to choose my child's religion so I shouldn't force them to undergo a religious ceremony without their consent.

While I agree I wouldn't want it outlawed because of the risks of it being done by people who aren't professionals as that makes it more dangerous, I am starting to think that the religious basis isn't good as personally I don't think I have the right to choose my child's religion so I shouldn't force them to undergo a religious ceremony without their consent.

This is interesting. Possibly a whole new debate there :thumbup:

Hmm yeah that could be a new debate. I am too lazy to start one though :haha:

I haven't read the whole thread (well, just the OP and this page lol), but I have an opinion. ;)

If we ever have a boy, he won't by cut. My husband is, and it got messed up. I was rather, umm.. promiscuous before he and I got married, and I've been with both cut and uncut, and something is just *wrong* with the way his was done. Almost like they cut too much skin off, so now everything is tight and without ample lube, he's in pain from it.

If we have a son and he wants to be cut, that is his choice, but as a parent, I don't really see how it's my place to decide if my child's genitalia should be modified. Unless there was some outstanding medical reason for it, anyways.

I haven't read the whole thread (well, just the OP and this page lol), but I have an opinion. ;)

If we ever have a boy, he won't by cut. My husband is, and it got messed up. I was rather, umm.. promiscuous before he and I got married, and I've been with both cut and uncut, and something is just *wrong* with the way his was done. Almost like they cut too much skin off, so now everything is tight and without ample lube, he's in pain from it.

If we have a son and he wants to be cut, that is his choice, but as a parent, I don't really see how it's my place to decide if my child's genitalia should be modified. Unless there was some outstanding medical reason for it, anyways.

that would be a good reason not to do it, i agree:)

Am i the only person here who wouldnt actually notice the difference???? My OH hasnt been "cut" but I really dont think I would notice if it was????

And as for smelling???? Ewwwww! He washes in the shower every day and it definately doesnt smell, If he had to clean it with a q-tip id be worried!x

I don't notice either.
I wonder how it would go over if a group of men would dare suggest that a woman's vagina stinks and she should have a surgery to remove her labia at birth?

I don't notice either.
I wonder how it would go over if a group of men would dare suggest that a woman's vagina stinks and she should have a surgery to remove her labia at birth?

I don't anyone said that men should get circumcised because it sometimes is more odorous. I do think OH smells and I wouldn't ask him to get cut because of it. I'm just not going to give him oral as much. :shrug: I think vaginas also have a unique odor and for that reason I wouldn't want someone going down on me. :shrug:

Maybe this is a whole different conversation about men who want oral need to meticulously clean down there, not cut off their foreskin. :dohh:

I think women did bring up some valid reasons why some families choose to do it. I don't think smell was one of those. :winkwink:

One could argue that parents should slice off baby girls vaginal folds so as to not have an odour during oral sex when they are older. Seems ridiculous when looked at that way....so, I am not sure why odour is even brought up, which it always seems to in circumcision debates.

I'm not judging anyone because I know deep down inside that babies don't remember the pain, but I just got a picture in my head of me justifying the pain to my son as he's getting it done (if we did get it done) saying "trust me son, you'll get WAY more blowjobs this way" :rofl:

I can see it maybe being a cosmetic procedure for an adult if they choose that but I don't really think it's my place to make that decision for a baby.

Can't argue with the logic though, no skin=no place for stink to hide.

I dunno, I never noticed a "smell" more with uncut v. cut. My husband has a "smell" but it's not stink from anything other than being a man! hehe I love it. And he's cut, so who knows. I think some people just have a stronger scent than others. And, unclean is unclean no matter what.

I have to clean it and take care of it until my son can take care if it, so yes it is mine. every part of my baby is mine, i made them and have the right to make the decision whether to circumcise or not.
I dont think it is too much to ask for your little boy to ask you to clean his penis for a few years rather than resorting to cutting a bit off so you get easier nappy changes.

im allowed my opinion, and yeah i think theyre kinda gross!:)
Well they are not exactly the prettiest bits of the body are they, I'm not sure the little bit of skin on the end is making the hairy, wrinkly, veiny body part ugly.

Saying that circumcision is a good idea becuase it reduces the risk of cancer is like saying we should cut a girls breasts off at 18 so she doesnt get breat cancer.

America has HIV rates of 6 times higher in Sweden and 3 times higher than the UK, circumcision is unheard of here and rare in the uk, yet the states has a higer hiv rate. It seems like circumcision doesnt make it less likely to catch HIV.

Oh and my man has a lovely uncut penis but he is very good at washing, he washes twice a day (i think it's a little excesive) and he allways smells fresh.

It doesn't require any special "cleaning until they can take care of their own."
For the first few years you can't even pull their foreskin back, there is just a tiny pinhole (nature's solution so it doesn't get infected). The hospital even told me don't dare pull it back to try to "clean it" because it will cause injury.

you still have to clean it! regardless if youre pulling back the foreskin or not. surely you wipe it with a baby wipe when changing him, or cleaning it with soap and water while bathing them?

Yea but how is that different from washing a circumsized baby?

thats my point actually:) im all for a parents choice to circumcise!

I have to clean it and take care of it until my son can take care if it, so yes it is mine. every part of my baby is mine, i made them and have the right to make the decision whether to circumcise or not.
I dont think it is too much to ask for your little boy to ask you to clean his penis for a few years rather than resorting to cutting a bit off so you get easier nappy changes.

im allowed my opinion, and yeah i think theyre kinda gross!:)
Well they are not exactly the prettiest bits of the body are they, I'm not sure the little bit of skin on the end is making the hairy, wrinkly, veiny body part ugly.

Saying that circumcision is a good idea becuase it reduces the risk of cancer is like saying we should cut a girls breasts off at 18 so she doesnt get breat cancer.

America has HIV rates of 6 times higher in Sweden and 3 times higher than the UK, circumcision is unheard of here and rare in the uk, yet the states has a higer hiv rate. It seems like circumcision doesnt make it less likely to catch HIV.

Oh and my man has a lovely uncut penis but he is very good at washing, he washes twice a day (i think it's a little excesive) and he allways smells fresh.

HPV is linked to cervical cancer, not HIV

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->