Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: anybody ever hear of a "partial" circumcision?

It's such a tough one. I'm Jewish, but my OH isn't. He's fine with whatever I choose, but I really can't decide which way to go. One factor which really puts me off is the fact it's so hard to find a reputable place to have it done. There are loads of clinics in London that just seem kinda shady. If I could pay to have it done in the hospital I would be much happier. I just worry that if I don't get it done, my little boy will feel detached from his roots and won't feel like a member of the community.

I don't think OP was looking for a debate on circumcision. OP I will PM you xx

Hi!

We're having a little boy and we're thinking about circumcision. Without this turning into a debate into the pros and cons of it, I'd like those of you who had your sons in the UK to share your experiences. I've only found out that NHS doesn't cover it - fair enough - but I've been at a loss as to where to get it done, then. Having read article after article in newspapers about how 2/3rd of the boys who have circumcisions privately, end up in hospitals with complications, I'm really scared now and having second thoughts.

Has anyone had a private circumcision? Can I somehow pay the hospital to perform it because to me it feels safer? And what way of circumcision was the most comfortable for your LO?

Again, I am REQUESTING beforehand to not turn it into a discussion about the merits and demerits of doing it. I can make that decision for myself based on what information I get. I'm looking for more information and personal experiences you people have had with your sons so we can get to the right decision for us.

Thanks!

xx

sorry meant to PM!

We had my son done and don't regret it. He was very young, did not have sedation, just local freezing. He screamed when they held him down and that was the hardest part. Once he settled down they performed the circumcision and he fussed a little but didn't cry. It was over very quick and afterwards I nursed him and he fell asleep.

It was hard to see him so upset when they held him down but honestly that was the hardest part for me. He recovered very quick, I think they gave him a little baby Tylenol before the procedure but I don't think we gave him anything after.

Our experience was a good one, we would do it again if we have another boy.

Good luck with what you decide:)

It's such a tough one. I'm Jewish, but my OH isn't. He's fine with whatever I choose, but I really can't decide which way to go. One factor which really puts me off is the fact it's so hard to find a reputable place to have it done. There are loads of clinics in London that just seem kinda shady. If I could pay to have it done in the hospital I would be much happier. I just worry that if I don't get it done, my little boy will feel detached from his roots and won't feel like a member of the community.

^my feelings exactly!

I have a question: anybody ever hear of a "partial" circumcision?

I've heard the phrase but I have no idea what it means and haven't ever seen one either ... hope someone else knows and can help out!

We were going to get Jasper done, and like there, it was not covered. We went to another city to get it done, and we were talked out of it. Apparently our son would be the odd one out if he did get it done, as most aren't, and it isn't necessary. We left, with our son's winter touque still attached. BEST DECISION EVER.

Hiya

Im personally against circumcision but its not for me to decide what other people do - anywhoo...i read this article in the Guardian some months ago and it may be what you are looking for in a reputable clinic etc sense https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/27/circumcision-children-religion-sarfraz-manzoor

Good luck! :flower:

Didn't see a debate :shrug:

I think the commentator you refer to confused something from another thread with this or something? I wondered too! :flower: Nope, no debate so far and I'm really happy everyone's giving their honest and diverse views yet maintining respect :) Thank you, ladies!

Hiya

Im personally against circumcision but its not for me to decide what other people do - anywhoo...i read this article in the Guardian some months ago and it may be what you are looking for in a reputable clinic etc sense https://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/aug/27/circumcision-children-religion-sarfraz-manzoor

Good luck! :flower:

Thank you for the link! Its really helpful specially since I'm in London and Luton isn't that far. But wow @ the £££ that GP is raking in off this !

In the US a mohel often does it. He will come to the house and do it, and usually mohel is their only job, so they are excellent at what they do. Not like a dr. who maybe does it a few times a year, but mohels do it often. Just look for one who is reformed/liberal Judiasm b/c I don't think an Orthodox one would do it in your situation. I really think this will be a good choice.

i think anyone considering this (barbaric) practise should look at this first

https://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intact-or-circumcised-significant.html

and also bear in mind that 117 newborn babies DIE from circumcision each year, another number are scared for life, some with no penis left.

There is NO medical body IN THE WORLD that promotes circumcision,

please, consider very carefully why you would put a newborn through such pain, anguish and risk for no good reason (other than an inability to masturbate which some would suggest is against that mans human rights)

Look into it carefully, this is YOUR child.

i think anyone considering this (barbaric) practise should look at this first

https://www.drmomma.org/2011/08/intact-or-circumcised-significant.html

and also bear in mind that 117 newborn babies DIE from circumcision each year, another number are scared for life, some with no penis left.

There is NO medical body IN THE WORLD that promotes circumcision,

please, consider very carefully why you would put a newborn through such pain, anguish and risk for no good reason (other than an inability to masturbate which some would suggest is against that mans human rights)

Look into it carefully, this is YOUR child.

:growlmad:

Anyway.... To the OP I see you're in London.... We had our son circumcised 2 weeks ago in a London Islamic clinic by a consultant urologist via plastibell method... It has healed perfectly with no complications whatsoever... If you need to know anything or have any questions please feel free to ask either here or via pm. :thumbup:

Feeble, your post is uncalled for. This thread is one month old, OP didn't ask for opinions, she was looking for clinics.

I don't see a valid reason for bumping this thread Other than flaming & trolling.

Thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"