Clawing and smacking at the breast, and pulling off?

After a bit of investigating I've found out it's 2 different things - sometimes he's pooing or trying to fart, and other times he wants to switch breasts.

Today I gave him a cloth to hold in his hand and that helped, he just whacked me with it instead of clawing at me.

Thanks so much for the help and ideas.

After a bit of investigating I've found out it's 2 different things - sometimes he's pooing or trying to fart, and other times he wants to switch breasts.

Today I gave him a cloth to hold in his hand and that helped, he just whacked me with it instead of clawing at me.

Thanks so much for the help and ideas.

:mrgreen: An excellent image. Sorry :flower:

When nim did this it was almost always due to the flow slowing down. Not lack of milk tho just lack of " fast food"

Lyra does this too, I figured out it as frustration at the speed of the milk coming. I have a fast let down so when it slows down before she's full she gets really arsey :haha: burping her and putting her back usually makes me let down again and then she is happy xx

Sorry but my LO still does this 6 months! I think it's when she doesn't actually want a full feed, more like a quick thirst quench! As i have started putting her down now when she does it and she is quite happy to play so obviously not hungry

xx

My LO did this constantly between 8 and 10 weeks and I had to start expressing milk and giving LO a bottle. My nipples were very grateful. lol

Benjamin does someting a little similar (no nipple ripping off tho, ouch) if he is overtired or if he needs a poo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->