Cleaning folds on LOs neck

MrsHedgehog

Reaction score
I find it really difficult to clean between the folds on LOs neck. No matter how well I think I've washed her in the bath, afterwards there's still fluff and stuff in there. The skin between the folds is also quite red. I feel like I'm hurting her when I wash and dry her but maybe I'm being too gentle. How can I get her properly clean?

I usually make it fun in the bath and use the clothe or hand mitt to tickle under hsi chin and I get in the folds that way! He laughs so loud and I get him clean :thumbup: Maybe pat the skin dry softly to avoid any pain or discomfort? I sometimes have to wipe his neck with a baby wipe during the day if hes been busy and messy too

I find it's much easier to get at when lo is on her front so turn her over onto all fours (keeping one hand under her tummy) So that she lifts her head then wash neck with soft cloth.

She's only 6 weeks old so doesn't really lift her head. She doesn't let me tip it back either. I just can't seem to get in there. Maybe a baby wipe will do the trick.

I m in the same boat... And also her mouth and neck do stink a lot... ????

In the bath it's easier to clean that area out with a wet soapy finger than it is with a washcloth, no need to tip the head back at all your finger can really get in there. We don't bathe every day though so on a daily basis I uses a soft wet washcloth if he lets me.

We use our fingers but I like MrsHoffie's idea!

if it gets a bit sore and red i usually put a bit of sudocream on it that seems to settles it , also when you get out the bath make sure you dry it and that can cause redness too

such a pain and my little girl hates it being cleaned has to be done tho! :)

I wait until my LO is is a deep sleep then get a baby wipe under there, I also put some sudocrem on for the redness.

try a cotton wool bud, either when in the bath or not if it is not a bath day

I've been using baby powder. LO hates it since I think DH goes at t he area with some force. So I'm trying the tummy idea and making cooing noises. She's a bit better about it with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->