Cleaning Laminate

indy and lara

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has some hints?

We have recently put laminate down through the ground floor of the house but keeping it dust free seems to be a losing battle. I just seem to push the dust around the place and it never gets any cleaner. Any hints for cleaning it more effectively?

I just use a ever so slightly damp mop every day unless its actually dirty from mud etc (ours in on the hallway)

You shouldnt really soak laminate in water regularly

it took me months to figure this out, I felt like everyone was keeping secret the best way to do it!!

I've found a few....

Large Apple Dettol wipes, use a damp mop then stick one on the end and mop laminate...

Flash's new shine liquid in a bucket of water with a mop.....

Or my best way yet, I bought a steam shark! Cost me £100 but it is amazing and takes so much less time and faffing about!

Hoover then mop. I use Duck antiseptic floor cleaner.

Hoover or sweep then use a flash mop

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/OzsHhQ5G6SFcd9Tngj-1Y_QZeFPCFnsQQmrNmJTLDZEGu6M8w_xgNz0RJrCITwN7AIpig_g4Zr5MSvPA4zW5aSdoRvBiyffhe2OBuh00z3i2R1YQ0oEHBF_hGPYIRGotjM3y_ZpKyIHNeOrX4OpYMtNv4HzOR7aqwv6_PbpmsQ

I use a Swiffer and wet cloths for it and a Shark steam mop.

I hoover everyday and mop 3 times a week.

V xxx

I get scared using products on ours, its not typical laminate, I dont think its sealed and I get all paranoid about it :(

we have laminate and although its hard work i love it because carpet holds so much crap you just dont notice it wereas on laminate you do so its easier to get rid of - atm we sweep 4 times a day and use a flash mop but after xmas we are infesting in a shark steam mop :)

I just hoover then use floor wipes. I find they clean it better than a mop and the floor doesn't get as wet. The best ones I've found to date are the Mr Muscle orange ones as they get rid of grease as well and the mud and drool marks from my labrador.

Hoover or sweep then use a flash mop

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/public/OzsHhQ5G6SFcd9Tngj-1Y_QZeFPCFnsQQmrNmJTLDZEGu6M8w_xgNz0RJrCITwN7AIpig_g4Zr5MSvPA4zW5aSdoRvBiyffhe2OBuh00z3i2R1YQ0oEHBF_hGPYIRGotjM3y_ZpKyIHNeOrX4OpYMtNv4HzOR7aqwv6_PbpmsQ

This is exactly what I do/use.

The flash mop is more economical now that I've worked out how to get the lid of the liquid stuff off and can refill it rather than buying the branded stuff!:haha:

I just hoover everyday and mop every other day with laminate floor cleaner (just got it from a cheap shop). I think its worse because you can see every little thing where as on carpet you cant really x

it does show dirt quicker than carpet but then I just think how much dirt must be in a carpet that you can't see.

Best investment I made was my steam mop. I've got laminate all downstairs and got stone in the kitchen and I love it. I use the mop on off mode with a cloth over the base to collect the dust every week and I give the whole floors a good old steam :).

I sweep and vacum twice a day, mop with flash once a day and steam clean once a week. Steam cleaning is the best thing EVER!!!

We hoover then mop with a damp mop and disinfectant once a day.

sweep, then baby wipes! best invention ever.....

Athough it still needs sweeping everyday, or more like 50 times a day for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->