Cleaning products at work...HELP

Anaconda

Reaction score
So I'm 12 weeks along, sitting on my break when I just realized prior to going on break I was cleaning with some cleaning products. I work night shifts at Tim Horton's which require lots of cleaning (not a big deal to me). Anyways I was cleaning the bathroom with all purpose cleaner which obviously has chemicals in it. So naturally I'm freaking out now. I wasn't even thinking. I was wearing gloves and kept the door open. Should baby be fine? A few minutes after I was getting upper tummy pains/cramps. So yes, I'm sitting at work freaking out.

My first thought was to hit the hospital after work but I don't want to go if its not necessary. What do you ladies think? Should I be okay since it just happened this one time? (I'll of course remember for next time).

I just want to add since I just thought of this too: Here at work we have buckets of water/sanitizer to periodically clean the counters and machine. I'Be been dipping my hands in it since I started a month ago. Do you think this is a no no too? Ugh! I hate freaking out now!

Cleaning products are fine while pregnant... don't worry xx

If cleaning products were an issue no ones house or
Toilet would be getting cleaned for 9 months! Wear gloves as a precaution but you will be just fine!

Every cleaning product should be clearly labelled stating how to use it safely and any specific health risks associated. I can't think of any I know of that wouldn't be safe if used with gloves and well ventalated. If your employers know you are pregnant they should be doing a risk assessment (to cover themselves against you suing them!) and this will state anything you are not allowed to do. This should be reviewed in each trimester as risks of different activities change as your body changes.

Hey, thanks guys! I reread the bottle and it doesn't have the toxic label on it or anything. Not so worried any more as, you are right, everyone would be living in filth if we couldn't clean, lol.

(And I actually just told my manager today that I was pregnant- right after my shift ended... she is very excited for me and we're going to work together to ensure everything I do is comfortable for me :) )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->