cleaning teeth

spicyorange

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues with cleaning their teeth (and any solutions), I've had to completely give up on the electric toothbrush but even the manual makes me gag really badly, I've not been sick my whole pregnancy but cleaning my teeth brings me very close. I'm still brushing twice a day but it's like a torture event.

I'm struggling.

However I've always been funny about brushing my teeth. It goes through me, I can't stand adverts on tv of people brushing there teeth. Anyway I'm being really sick and it makes me gag so much. Even the thought if putting a tooth brush in my mouth makes me want to be sick. Last time I couldn't even bring myself to brush them. I've got the dentist Tomoz for a check up so I really need to be brushing regularly but I just can't. I'll mention it to him and see what he says.

I thought it was just me cause I've always been weird about teeth.

I vomit every morning while/after brushing my teeth. At night is bad but not as bad as the morning. It is actually a bit traumatic now. I'm so afraid of it every morning. For about half an hour afterwards I am sick, constantly have to spit out saliva, and feel so bad- it is disgusting and tiring and I dread it everyday.
I have asked for a solution too and cannot find one.
Hopefully someone on this thread helps us!!

I had little/no problem with brushing my teeth at night. Brushing them in the morning was hard work though. The only thing that really worked for me was brushing them while in the shower. I don't understand how but it worked :shrug:

I had the same issues with my last pregnancy. I ended up having a dental clean every 3 months and was advise to use corsodyl mouthwash if I struggled to brush my teeth and chew sugar free gum through out the day (which actually helps ms) she also said not to force it and make myself sick as thats worse for your teeth xxx

Me! I hate brushing my teeth! I don't usually actually throw up while doing it but I get pretty close, a couple times a tiny bit of stuff has come up, including bile. I do notice its a bit better if I've already eaten something for the day (as opposed to the days when I just wake up and head to the bathroom, like work days). But its still a chore. I'm scared my teeth won't be getting clean enough! I think I'm going to get some good mouthwash and start using it again in the hopes it will make up for my sucky brushing. Maybe as I get further into this pregnancy it will get better? I'm 12 weeks today and no relief as of this morning :wacko:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->