Clear blue tests .... Are they reliable?

Kim0230

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I am panicking right now, after trying to concieve for almost ten years with no joy (i have pcos) along with a few other problems, i did a test out the blue last week and it was positive! I started bleeding lightly the next morning so EPAU did a scan but found nothing as was still 4 days until period due so VERY early. I was kept in hospital with suspected ectopic, but turns out it wasn't, but they found a 4cm cyst on ovary.
Couple of days later i did a clear blue which said 1-2 weeks. I still light bleeding only when going to the toilet. Tested a couple of days later with clear blue & its gone up to 2-3 weeks!!! I'm on top of the world I've wanted this moment forever!!! So a few days later i do another test and its gone back to 1-2 weeks. i did another test yesterday morning, still at 1-2. I haven't had any obvious pain, slight twinges here & there but nothing i would have worried about, but im obviously thinking the worst, driving myself crazy until my app for bloods at epas in 2 days time. Has anybody else had this happen with these tests & gone on to have a healthy pregnancy? I'm absolutely terrified it's all going wrong i should be 4 weeks 3 days today so very early days.

Those tests aren’t allowed in some countries, I think the USA have banned them because they can cause so much stress. I’m in the UK and do use them but I was on holiday in Spain during my second pregnancy and bought one from the pharmacy and the chemist gave me a massive lecture about how inaccurate they are and how there’s loads of factors that can effect them. So I wouldn’t panic! Hopefully you’ll get some reassurance with your blood tests!

I don't think they're very reliable at all. They have caused a lot of ladies on here needless worry and anxiety, including myself with my first pregnancy. They're even banned in some countries

You can't buy them in the US. I had bought some in late 2015 or early 2016 and used them for my 1st baby. Then I had to order frpm amazon UK to use with my 2nd and 3rd. I didn't test every few days, but 7 to 8 days later. They were spot on for me but I'm pretty sure my hcg rises quite rapidly judging by my frer and IC progression I get. I have read of many women having issues though with the weeks. It can vary by test and also urine dilution. I had light spotting and even very light bleeding from 10 to 12dpo this pregnancy but here I am about to enter 3rd tri. Best wishes dear

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->