Clear blue weird +ve and NOT pregnant!!

Mrstobe

Reaction score
I just wanted to share this with you as some of you may find seeing this Evap/strange +ve test, useful.

So the story is that we'd been trying for a baby for a few months (we've decided to stop now until after the wedding in April 2010!!), i'd had some cramping/throbbing pain from 6/7DPO and thinking (hoping!!) it might be implantation pain I decided to do a test at 10DPO (also we were going out so I decided to do a test to see if it would be ok to drink or not!).

Anyway, when I did the test I POAS (with FMU) as you do and waited for 2 mins, as the control line didn't show up within the 2 mins I though that maybe i'd done the test wrong or not peed on it enough etc. and just put it in the draw and forgot about it. Later on in the day I got the test out again (not sure why!) and this is what it looked like!! I didn't know what to think!! I read the instruction and it said you can read the test up to 10 mins, (which I didn't know!!!) and to disregard any results after that!!

case.jpg

Anyway I did another test, this time a Clear Blue Digital one, which said 'Not Pregnant' so I new it must have been wrong, I didn't 'feel' pregnant anyway so I just left it at that.

So at 16DPO / two days after I was due on my period I was getting some really bad pain low down in my stomach so I made an appointment to see my doctor, low and behold in the hour after making the appointment AF arrived but I decided to go anyway. The doctor prodded and poked my stomach and told me I have a cyst on my left ovary!! Bit scary as i've never experienced anything like it before..i've never even had period pain!! But at least she could explain the pain!

The doctor explained that a cyst can show up as a positive on a HPT so that explained that....either that or it was an Evap??!! I don't know but I just thought i'd share that with you. If you look at the picture the lines just don't look quite right do they...weird!

The moral of this story (for me anyway!) is...trust your instinct! I knew I wasn't pregnant and that this pain wasn't normal for me!!

Sorry if this is a bit of a long story!! xx

We POAS addicts need to know this kind of thing happens, thanks for sharing your story. :hugs:

Wow thankyou for sharing that with us ladies hunni, sorry it wasnt a BFP for you this time :hugs:

thats really interesting,thanks.xxx

Its not an Evap its a stupid thin blue line off to the left like these blue dye tests are FAMOUS for.. I had that EXACT line and so have other ladies and its just a stupid fault in those blue dye tests. =(

Are the pink dye tests any better? Isn't it rubbish that we pay such alot of money for these tests and they don't give us an accurate result? :growlmad:

Anyway i've vowed to never test again until AF is late!! we'll see! :winkwink:

x

Yes the pink dye tests are better, they don't do this!

It was a false positive Babynumber1, AF has arrived since! Other people on here have said they have experienced these positives that don't look quite right, they're slightly off to the left! Anyway baby making is off the agenda now for about 7 months, got the wedding to plan now so at least there's something to focus on....still can't help stalking BnB though..ha!!! x

gosh, I think, i found my answer in this thread. I got similar thin line on my test. Should try another one :wacko:

Same thing happened to me. Yesterday was my due date and I did a test early in the morning. There was no sign for positive. I kept my test and in the evening I found very thin blue line on my test. It could be evap. line.

Last month, I also tried one same clear blue test. Of course it was negative. But no evap. line showed up. That's why now I am confusing about my new result. Is it real positive result? or just evap line?

Beside the test I have headache everyday, feeling very week. oh yes I also experienced small spotting three days ago.

Attachments

• DSCF4004.jpg
    DSCF4004.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 28
I got similar thin lines on CB tests, all of which were false positives. Stupid clearblue! :hissy:

that is exactly how the BFP's for my children looked, thin and to the left. I find if you are very early on you will get a line like that. Please dont think all thin blue lines are evaps, some are genuine and sometimes its a chemical pregnancy. I personally have never gotton evaps on clear blue easy and its the only test i use. Not saying it doesnt happen, but for me if i got a line like that, then got a late af, i would think chemical. xx

I don't like clearblues, as most people, because with evaps its really hard to tell if there is dye on the line or not.

Thanks for sharing x

I'm not sure what to think now?? I'm definately not pregnant, I know that now...but could it have been a chemical pregnancy? What is one of those anyway? Could this ovarian cyst pain have anything to do with that too, maybe? I experienced pain leading up to AF and really bad during the first 2 days of AF, doctor said it is/was possibly a cyst?? Oh the confusion!! xx

It sounds to me in your case that the doc is right, i have heard that if a cyst is big enough it can produce a positive HPT, but its rare. Your test isnt actually just a faint thin line either, you can see the whole line, wide...its just one side is bluer than the rest. A chemical pregnancy is where the egg is fertilized but doesnt manage to implant properly, so HCG is released but your AF will start as normal or just a bit later.

It sounds to me in your case that the doc is right, i have heard that if a cyst is big enough it can produce a positive HPT, but its rare. Your test isnt actually just a faint thin line either, you can see the whole line, wide...its just one side is bluer than the rest. A chemical pregnancy is where the egg is fertilized but doesnt manage to implant properly, so HCG is released but your AF will start as normal or just a bit later.

Thanks for this. The pain actually started around 6/7DPO so this maybe could have been the time when the egg was trying to implant?? Only thing is I did a digital test the next morning and it said 'not pregnant', so if it was a chemical pregnancy, would it be positive one day and then negative the next..does it all happen that quickly?? Anyway it doesn't really matter now but i'm just curious to know what went on with my body!! xx

the clear blue digital will not pick it up when you are that early on. If you look at my preggers journal you can see the tests i did with this one (very first post) and with mason, this one:

https://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/55/77/90/sp_a0010.jpg it seems clearer because of the blur but it was similar to yours.

I didnt get a pregnant on a clear blue digi till 12dpo :)

the clear blue digital will not pick it up when you are that early on. If you look at my preggers journal you can see the tests i did with this one (very first post) and with mason, this one:

https://i34.servimg.com/u/f34/11/55/77/90/sp_a0010.jpg it seems clearer because of the blur but it was similar to yours.

I didnt get a pregnant on a clear blue digi till 12dpo :)

How do I find your pregnancy journal?? I'm new to all this!! :huh:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-journals/156002-mini-haggis-4th-me.html

actually the lines in mine are just as strong as yours but the camera was rubbish. They were all offside too, until the final one at 11dpo, which was a 'normal' result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->