Clear out

laura109

Reaction score
Hiya I'm 39 weeks and felt mildly nauseated when I got into bed. I've been awake the last hour as I felt sickly and stomach achy. I've been to the loo twice and it was loose but not proper diarrhea. Sorry this is gross but I basically have been home for two weeks and not seen anyone for over a week apart from my midwife on thuraday. My dd and oh are fine. Is this likely a clear out or a bug. If so does labour start in a day or so if it's a clear out.

I replied to your other post saying that I haven’t personally experienced a clear out, I’m not sure if it’s has any scientific basis so I couldn’t tell you if it indicates anything or not. Either way, some women say they have it and some don’t and they all go in to have their babies. Only time will tell whether it’s a bug or related to labour starting. It’s best to try and go with the flow. :)

Honestly it's impossible to say. With my first I didn't have a clear out, with my second I was already in active labour when I had it. Good luck, hopefully it means labour is coming for you!

It sounds highly unlikely it would be a bug if you have barely left the house, also it would probably be proper diarrhea not just loose. Can you call your midwife and let her know? I haven't been through labour before but our antenatal did say looseness can be one of the signs things are happening so could be worth asking, especially if you've had some unusual discharge too?

With ds2 I woke up at 5 am and had loose, not watery stools 4 times in over an hour. I didn’t think it was a clear out as I was 38 weeks. At almost 7 am I was in the toilet again and instead of a stomach ache poop It was a contraction.
So it could be a clear out without being diarrhoea.
My clear out resulted in contractions straight away, and ds2 being born 4 hrs later. I’m not sure about other people though, also I had no watery discharge or any symptoms prior that made me think I was anywhere near labour lol. Hopefully this is it for you:flower:

It’s hard to say as some people experience them and some don’t. I never have personally.

Thanks for the replies. It didn't turn into contractions so not sure what it was as not poorly either. Hopefully it's a sign it's going to be in the next few days though rather than January induction lol. Im not sure if the clear out is proper diarrhea usually. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->