Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Test - Confusion!

nikinabox

Reaction score
Hey ladies. I'm new here, but have visited a lot in the past. I find this forum to be so welcoming and kind (as opposed to some others)

This is the first month that I've used an ovulation test, but it seemed to work just as promised.

CD12: Flashing Smiley

CD13: Flashing Smiley

CD14: Solid Smiley

CD15: Solid Smiley

CD16: The big negative "O"

The instructions say to stop testing at that point, but after reading up, I heard that it wouldn't hurt to try testing a few more times this cycle. So this morning (CD20/DPO5) I had a flashing smiley again???

Has anyone used this test before, or could have any possible explanation for this? I know that it tests your levels, but I'm still confused.

Should DH and I try again tonight or is it just a random surge?

Thanks! :dohh:

Hello I also use these tests. First month I started testing cd4 I have 9 flashing smiley faces then on cd13 I had a solid smiley face. I think I started testing too early in my cycle that's why I so many flashing smiley faces.
This cycle I did start testing until cd9 got negative and cd10 got a negative. Cd11 and 12 I got flashing smileys then today cd13 I got a solid smiley.
All the flashing smiley means is there's estrogen in your system. So I would worry about it if I was you.
Do you use standard ovulation tests too I use IC to back up my positives x

This is the first month I've used any sort of OPK. I figured the advanced digital would be a good start for now, it's the only one I've used.

You could be right about it just being a hormonal surge. Just in case DH and I DTD tonight anyway. Couldn't hurt, right?

I'm going to test again tomorrow morning to see if there is any change.

It seemed to work perfect for me until I let my neurotic self test again after the instructions said to stop. I just want to make sure we got our "mark" for the month. So if i ovulated the first time it was a solid smiley, it's the TTW now... Sighhhh!

In your experience, do you like using the tests?

Ye I think there good especially this month when used then when it said to and not early like last month. It's not just a positive the day before ovulation it's a build up so it give you notice before you actually get your surge. And supposedly is better to DTD before you o not when you o so it give you that extra couple of days. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->